Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats being redesigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my mats since they first became available, so 1st iteration, no issues. But, do you notice how the plastic circle beneath the go pedal lies much lower in relation to the mat in mhs' pic? Could the pedal placement have changed? Doesn't appear that the mat design changes much in the pics above.

I just want to point out a couple of things related to those plastic circles, since a couple of you with the all weather mats still have them in your cars.

Those are just placed by whomever placed the original mats, to hold those in place. Do not read anything into the specific placement of those, as it is pretty random.

Also, if you are using the all-weather mats, there's no reason to leave those in the carpeting. I didn't know this either at first, but they simply screw out (I believe by turning them counter-clockwise.) You can always put them back in if you want to switch back to the regular mats.

I checked with my SC again today -- no word on when the mats will be available.:confused:

Last night I checked the Tesla online shopping site and was able to order the mats! I went ahead and ordered them even though I had to pay the delivery charge, since I had the chance. Delivery is only $9 by FedEx ground.
The site had been changed a bit such that you enter your purchase details (address, credit card, etc.) earlier in the check-out. I got a confirmatory email, but no delivery date. So I am not sure when these will come -- they say they will send an email when the mats are shipped. Nor could I tell if these are the "redesigned" mats that some people heard about. Price has not changed, though.

Last night I checked the Tesla online shopping site and was able to order the mats! I went ahead and ordered them even though I had to pay the delivery charge, since I had the chance. Delivery is only $9 by FedEx ground.
The site had been changed a bit such that you enter your purchase details (address, credit card, etc.) earlier in the check-out. I got a confirmatory email, but no delivery date. So I am not sure when these will come -- they say they will send an email when the mats are shipped. Nor could I tell if these are the "redesigned" mats that some people heard about. Price has not changed, though.
Hmm when I try to buy the all weather model s interior set, they are listed as sold out when I try to pay for them. I really hate that they allow you to add to the cart when they're not available!

PSA: Looks like the new mats are available now. I checked earlier and the old ones were still listed as out of stock. I just checked again and now see the new ones that say they're redesigned (and also $45 more expensive). Ordered my set.

Tesla All-Weather Model S Interior Set
Too bad they won't be here in time for the snow storm we're getting on Monday!

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like they ride a lot higher up on the back than the originals.
Is that a good thing or bad thing? I thought I remembered people saying it was too high and caused the peddle to stick if it was pressed all the way down?

Is that a good thing or bad thing? I thought I remembered people saying it was too high and caused the peddle to stick if it was pressed all the way down?

I've never experienced that issue, but for those folks, as long as the height changed, that solves their problem. For the passenger side, that was one complaint I had about the mats, that it was too short. I'm glad they made it higher (although I'm not spending $245 for another set).

Depending exactly how the design is changed, I'd love it on the driver side if the left side over the dead pedal were higher even if it's lower on the right side under the area of the brake pedal. Issue on the dead pedal is it now only goes up halfway, so if you have £€<~ on the toes of your left foot, it will still get on the top of the dead pedal and then drip down under the mat. On the passenger side, having it higher would keep the toes of passenger feet off the carpet as well.

Depending exactly how the design is changed, I'd love it on the driver side if the left side over the dead pedal were higher even if it's lower on the right side under the area of the brake pedal. Issue on the dead pedal is it now only goes up halfway, so if you have £€<~ on the toes of your left foot, it will still get on the top of the dead pedal and then drip down under the mat. On the passenger side, having it higher would keep the toes of passenger feet off the carpet as well.

The photos on the Tesla sales site appear to show what looks like a fairly high reach on the firewall, for both the driver and passenger. (See http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/all-weather-model-s-interior-set-1)
The description says this:
"The newly redesigned All-Weather Model S Interior Set is custom made using the latest in digital laser measurements for your Model S. This extreme-duty floor protection covers and protects your Model S by keeping it free from dirt and spills. The floor mats are made from thermoplastic elastomer material which has a rigid core for unbeatable strength and easy cleanups.
"Some improvements of the Interior Set include the addition of retention patches to the front mats for ease of installation, as well as increased wall height to better protect the front floors of the vehicle."

The photos on the Tesla sales site appear to show what looks like a fairly high reach on the firewall, for both the driver and passenger. (See http://shop.teslamotors.com/collections/model-s/products/all-weather-model-s-interior-set-1)
The description says this:
"The newly redesigned All-Weather Model S Interior Set is custom made using the latest in digital laser measurements for your Model S. This extreme-duty floor protection covers and protects your Model S by keeping it free from dirt and spills. The floor mats are made from thermoplastic elastomer material which has a rigid core for unbeatable strength and easy cleanups.
"Some improvements of the Interior Set include the addition of retention patches to the front mats for ease of installation, as well as increased wall height to better protect the front floors of the vehicle."
from the photos of the new set on the website and the description quoted above, it looks like they got rid of the 2 screw-down hooks w/ matching eyelets on the driver's side and perhaps went back to the round velcro patches found on the OEM carpet mats?
I received my set mid-December and they are the previous generation with the hooks and slightly lower front lip height. but unlike some other reports mine fit perfectly front & rear with my next gen seats and do not interfere with the accelerator pedal. I think these newest generation mats with higher front wall should provide nice protection