Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All weather mats being redesigned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the redesigned weather mats. The SvC people said they look way nicer than the old ones (I didn't have the old ones so can't compare). Also, they now just velcro in instead of being screwed down apparently (once again, didn't have old ones so can't compare)? you have to take off the original (carpeted) floor mats and you'll find the the circular velcro pads that the all weather mats attach to.

Just got the redesigned weather mats. The SvC people said they look way nicer than the old ones (I didn't have the old ones so can't compare). Also, they now just velcro in instead of being screwed down apparently (once again, didn't have old ones so can't compare)? you have to take off the original (carpeted) floor mats and you'll find the the circular velcro pads that the all weather mats attach to.

Would you consider posting some pictures of them, please?

Hey! They finally made a dual motor frunk mat. I never noticed before.

They've had that available for several months now. I had been debating whether to spring for it or not, even though I would have bought it along with all the other stuff when I bought the car. The debate was due to the fact that we don't use the frunk, for fear of creasing the hood. Even so, this past weekend we made a trip to Boston, so I wound up picking up an old-style frunk mat at the Watertown SC. (At least I saved on the shipping.) There is no way that little piece is worth $70, but it completes the set, and I figured if I don't get it soon I would not be able to, so I just did it.

If you want one to match the stuff you have now, you should probably move pretty quickly.

Just curious, but when did you order?

I'm a little annoyed, since I ordered immediately on 1/28 the same day the new mats were listed. I had checked earlier that day and the old ones were still listed, but when I saw the shop update later that night I ordered immediately. But the store is now telling me that they're backordered and I have to wait. Pretty annoying since I figured I'd be right at the front of the line with how quickly I ordered.

I've never experienced that issue, but for those folks, as long as the height changed, that solves their problem. For the passenger side, that was one complaint I had about the mats, that it was too short. I'm glad they made it higher (although I'm not spending $245 for another set).

I agree about the passenger side. The driver side I'm agnostic about. I already have my set though, so no change for me.

I'm a little annoyed, since I ordered immediately on 1/28 the same day the new mats were listed. I had checked earlier that day and the old ones were still listed, but when I saw the shop update later that night I ordered immediately. But the store is now telling me that they're backordered and I have to wait. Pretty annoying since I figured I'd be right at the front of the line with how quickly I ordered.

I was on a local waitlist at my SvC since November for the regular floor mats. They were out of stock until they received the redesigned ones in stock. They called me when they were in stock. Even then I don't think that they received that many sets...

I've had the acceleration pedal trap behind the upper border of the original weathertech/Tesla floor mat on several occasions while passing, overriding it with the brakes... with an alert telling me that both the brakes and accelerator were depressed. I had trouble slowing the car down until I finally figured it out...at 115 mph in a 60 mph. I know they fixed it by increasing the height but they really should replace the originals before somebody gets killed. It is a serious safety flaw that could result in loss of life and a lawsuit that weathertech and Tesla could not defend because it is so obvious and reproducible

... I know they fixed it by increasing the height but they really should replace the originals before somebody gets killed. It is a serious safety flaw that could result in loss of life and a lawsuit that weathertech and Tesla could not defend because it is so obvious and reproducible
Was your mat appropriately hooked into the provided screw-down anchors? Sorry, but I suspect not. There is no way my previous-design (9/2015) Tesla all-weather mat could slip that far up to cause a problem while it's anchored -- assuming your mats have two slots for anchors like mine, and you 1) removed the original carpet mat, 2) then fully screwed down both anchors so they don't easily pull back out of the carpet next to the floor pan, 3) before placing the all-weather mat into place and hooking it onto both of those anchors.

Instructions provided with my all-weather mats suggested steps like those be taken, but I have this sneaking suspicion many owners ignore them. The new velcro anchor sounds like it will be much easier to use, but for those of us with previous all-weather mats, using the anchors and ensuring our mats are connected to them is important -- it's the same method most mfgrs and after-market companies started providing for their mats after the Lexus slipping-mat death years ago here in San Diego that was all over the Press for weeks. With my former Lexus, it was something they did every time an owner took their car in for service at all dealerships: Any very old Lexus mats without hooks were replaced with ones that were free-of-charge, or if you had aftermarket mats without hooks, they were politely placed into your trunk.

Me, too! My order went in on January 29, with no indication given at that time that it was a "backorder." I emailed Tesla today to inquire, and all they say is that they are backordered and that they do not know when they will receive more. Annoying!

Quick question: since they are on backorder & did not ship, did they charge your credit card already? My Front Console has not shipped to the SC yet they charged my Visa the instant I ordered it (4 weeks ago).
Me, too! My order went in on January 29, with no indication given at that time that it was a "backorder." I emailed Tesla today to inquire, and all they say is that they are backordered and that they do not know when they will receive more. Annoying!

Quick question: since they are on backorder & did not ship, did they charge your credit card already? My Front Console has not shipped to the SC yet they charged my Visa the instant I ordered it (4 weeks ago).

Yeah, the online store (Shopify) is really terrible. I've probably placed like 5 different orders for merchandise/accessories in the past few weeks, and the communication is terrible. They charge the orders immediately, even if it hasn't shipped and the item is on backorder, or will take some time to process/ship. This is really bizarre.

For example, I had ordered the Rolling Trunk Duffel and Frunk Box, they charged immediately, I changed my mind and asked them and they said they hadn't even shipped and both were backordered, so they refunded me. But why did they charge in the first place? As mentioned above, I ordered the redesigned mats immediately on the first day they came back in the store, they charged me, and now they're backordered. I also ordered the Premium Front Console like you which says it takes 4 weeks, and they've already charged that too. Kind of annoying that they charge so far in advance, but whatever. I think I've ordered all I want so won't have to deal with the online store much longer.

Ahh the elusive expensive floor mats...

Tried calling the local SC, selected Parts, it went to voicemail I left a message about these and never heard back.

PSA: Looks like the new mats are available now. I checked earlier and the old ones were still listed as out of stock. I just checked again and now see the new ones that say they're redesigned (and also $45 more expensive). Ordered my set.

Tesla All-Weather Model S Interior Set
Still says they're redesigned but now "currently unavailable for purchase online"...

picked up the new version at my SC last week.

IMG_1737.JPG
IMG_1740.JPG

I am in the same boat. They charged my credit card immediately, but have not gotten any shipment notification. Today, I emailed them. They told me that they were back ordered, a nd can not provide an estimated delivery time. Then why did you charge my credit card????

I ordered on 1/28 as well and was charged and have gotten no notice or update as to when the mats are shipping....not impressed by how the store/merchandise operation is being handled...