TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Alliant Credit Union - HELP

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Ojas Ray, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

So, I have finalized on getting the 90d. How do i got about getting a loan with Alliant Credit Union - when i went to their site it says i need to be a member.

Also are there any other credit unions that can help me get a good loan - 1.49 would be ideal!

thanks - need about 80k

2. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

IIRC, you need to set up an account or donate to a charity (minimal amount is like $15 or $25).
    And then you will become a "member".
    And then you can apply for a loan.

I checked and their website (11 AM CST Sat. morning) it off line doing some sort of system maintenance.
    Call them Monday and speak with a rep to get your loan process started.

3. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Their website should have an online loan application form you can submit - that's how I started the ball rolling. Buying a Tesla is actually one of their membership qualification options - to keep things legal, they'll open a savings account for you and deposit $5 in it when they finish the paperwork and fund the loan. That makes you an official member - you can add money to it and use it like a real credit union thereafter, or not.

• Like x 2
  4. joebiker25

joebiker25 Member

+1

5. Mickie

Mickie Member

+2 right on the money. If you wish, you could just give them a call Monday and they'll process everything and have your decision back in minutes while you hold the line.

6. msgfromside3

msgfromside3 Member

Weird. I just used the link that was available from MyTesla and they didn't ask me to open an account. I had to set up the auto debit for the payment and that was it.

7. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

I'm sure if you read the paperwork carefully you'll find the savings account. They make the $5 deposit for you, so you didn't have to do anything beyond signing the original paperwork. I'm pretty sure that savings account is a legal requirement for the credit union.

8. Azhagan

Azhagan Member

Here is the link to the Alliant Tesla loan application. Just fill it out and someone will contact you for more information. Thats it. They will take care of setting up everything else. Good luck!

Tesla Loan Application

• Informative x 1
  9. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

I got approved for 1.99 - for 72 months --- hmmm anyone know how i can get that to 1.49 -- or is that the best i am gonna get?

10. Acrono

Acrono Member

Not sure they're offering 1.49 anymore. On the Tesla website, it says, "rates as low as 1.74"

11. Acrono

Acrono Member

Actually, looks like interest rates just went up again. Now it's 2.24.

12. ithinkmac

ithinkmac Member

1.99 for 72 month term and 2.24 for 78 term I believe.

-ThinkMac-

13. AustroTom

AustroTom Member

Does anybody know of any current promotional codes for Alliant?

14. msgfromside3

msgfromside3 Member

Let me check but it makes sense. I have a different CU for my main banking and they used to do that (I think they stopped requiring it not too long ago).

15. azdryheat

azdryheat Member

aacreditunion.org is still advertising 1.49%. I wasn't that impressed with them, but worth a shot.

16. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

any reason why you werent impressed with them? i mean it seems like alliant is the GO TO place for any tesla owner -- but any savings is worth it - but i dont want super hassle and or FINE print...

17. azdryheat

azdryheat Member

I went with Alliant. Have been a member for over 30 years and generally get very good service with them.

AA Credit Union sent me a solicitation and promised to beat Alliants rates. Called to confirm and they said they would beat them if I set up an account and had direct deposit before I applied for a loan. Did that, and then they said the discounts they offered me could not go below 1.49%, same as Alliant. The only way AA credit union would have been cheaper than Alliant is if I had poor credit, they would have discounted. Closed my AA account.

18. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

Okay - that settles that --- cancel AACU --- i am already approved for 1.99 - but trying to see if there is anyway to get to 1.49 --- seems like the person i am working with is not totally helpful in even trying...

19. martinicus

martinicus Member

Yea the rate hike is a major bummer. I'm locked into the earlier rate, but not expecting delivery until November. Looks like I'm screwed

20. Gentilly7

Gentilly7 Member

Same here. If Tesla wants to deliver the same amount of cars in Q4 that they did in Q3 then I would think they need to keep the 1.49% rate promotion going.