Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alliant Credit Union - HELP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have finalized on getting the 90d. How do i got about getting a loan with Alliant Credit Union - when i went to their site it says i need to be a member.

Also are there any other credit unions that can help me get a good loan - 1.49 would be ideal!

thanks - need about 80k

So, I have finalized on getting the 90d. How do i got about getting a loan with Alliant Credit Union - when i went to their site it says i need to be a member.

Also are there any other credit unions that can help me get a good loan - 1.49 would be ideal!

thanks - need about 80k

IIRC, you need to set up an account or donate to a charity (minimal amount is like $15 or $25).
And then you will become a "member".
And then you can apply for a loan.

I checked and their website (11 AM CST Sat. morning) it off line doing some sort of system maintenance.
Call them Monday and speak with a rep to get your loan process started.

thanks - need about 80k

Their website should have an online loan application form you can submit - that's how I started the ball rolling. Buying a Tesla is actually one of their membership qualification options - to keep things legal, they'll open a savings account for you and deposit $5 in it when they finish the paperwork and fund the loan. That makes you an official member - you can add money to it and use it like a real credit union thereafter, or not.

Their website should have an online loan application form you can submit - that's how I started the ball rolling. Buying a Tesla is actually one of their membership qualification options - to keep things legal, they'll open a savings account for you and deposit $5 in it when they finish the paperwork and fund the loan. That makes you an official member - you can add money to it and use it like a real credit union thereafter, or not.
+1

+2 right on the money. If you wish, you could just give them a call Monday and they'll process everything and have your decision back in minutes while you hold the line.

Weird. I just used the link that was available from MyTesla and they didn't ask me to open an account. I had to set up the auto debit for the payment and that was it.

I'm sure if you read the paperwork carefully you'll find the savings account. They make the $5 deposit for you, so you didn't have to do anything beyond signing the original paperwork. I'm pretty sure that savings account is a legal requirement for the credit union.

I'm sure if you read the paperwork carefully you'll find the savings account. They make the $5 deposit for you, so you didn't have to do anything beyond signing the original paperwork. I'm pretty sure that savings account is a legal requirement for the credit union.

Let me check but it makes sense. I have a different CU for my main banking and they used to do that (I think they stopped requiring it not too long ago).

any reason why you werent impressed with them? i mean it seems like alliant is the GO TO place for any tesla owner -- but any savings is worth it - but i dont want super hassle and or FINE print...
I went with Alliant. Have been a member for over 30 years and generally get very good service with them.

AA Credit Union sent me a solicitation and promised to beat Alliants rates. Called to confirm and they said they would beat them if I set up an account and had direct deposit before I applied for a loan. Did that, and then they said the discounts they offered me could not go below 1.49%, same as Alliant. The only way AA credit union would have been cheaper than Alliant is if I had poor credit, they would have discounted. Closed my AA account.