Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALMOST HERE, From order to Delivery in 17 DAYS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a whirlwind.

I saw my first MS up close May 18, visited the Austin Gallery May 31, sat in a model there, looked at finish samples, ordered a car May 2.

Have all my paperwork rolling, was notified today that the care will be delivered to me (in Dallas) on June 19.

17 Days from order, my screw-up of the order, they were able to find ANOTHER car already produced.

I have yet to ride or drive one, can't wait until Wednesday!!!!

Yes, you are correct: Sunday, JUNE 2 is when I ordered the car.
(I also bought some TSLA stock on Monday June 3....)

I had placed the order for the car (on-line), and did not realize I did not have the 85kWh battery Option.
BUT, Tesla had TWO cars already built (with the 85 kWh battery) that I could choose from, colors were Blue or Grey.
I relied on my Inside Sales Advisor's (in Palo Alto) expertise for the final selection, as I had seen neither of the colors in daylight on a real car (not a photo or computer image).

Blind faith, or serendipity, I don't know.
Can't wait for it to arrive and get to drive it!

so,... what did you pick?

I got the Grey metallic exterior, Tan leather interior, 21" wheels, Obeche wood gloss
They have (had?) the same car built with a Blue exterior.

- - - Updated - - -

Bollar: (inference from your car tags) Do you have solar power on your home?
If so: who did you use as installer and provider?
What steps did you do to make decision and get it installed?

I'm sure I will [love it].

Quick update: my car will arrive on Monday, 15 days after I ordered it.
Due to a previously scheduled late evening meeting on Monday, I will actually take delivery of the car on Tuesday.

Just thinking, I will probably not get a lot on sleep on Monday night.
No, you won't get much sleep. I had to take melatonin every night the last 4days leading up to delivery. Yes, you wil love it. I had never seen or driven one prior to finalizing my order, either. For me that became part of the excitement, and when I did have an opportunity to drive one (MS owners are very generous in offering to allow complete strangers to drive their awesome cars at Tesla events), I respectfully declined, as I wanted my first experience to be with my very own. I have zero regrets.

Tuesday will be an awesome day for you, congrats!

Bollar: (inference from your car tags) Do you have solar power on your home?
If so: who did you use as installer and provider?
What steps did you do to make decision and get it installed?

Good guess -- I have installed panels elsewhere, but I don't have panels on this home. The challenge is that energy rates are overall too low, and I live in a Tri-County Electric Cooperative service area, so I'm not eligible for the Oncor rebate. I'm paying $0.09 per kWh, so the ROI is about 17 years.

However, if you're in an Oncor area, the ROI is a bit more certain. Maybe 12 years or so. Unfortunately, it's probably cheaper to buy one of the "wind-only" rates from TXU or other providers @ $0.11 kWh or so.

Still, I'm going to do Solar, but it may be a DIY install.

Send a PM and I'll be happy to give you help with some installers and show you the quotes they sent.

Good guess -- I have installed panels elsewhere, but I don't have panels on this home. The challenge is that energy rates are overall too low, and I live in a Tri-County Electric Cooperative service area, so I'm not eligible for the Oncor rebate. I'm paying $0.09 per kWh, so the ROI is about 17 years.

However, if you're in an Oncor area, the ROI is a bit more certain. Maybe 12 years or so. Unfortunately, it's probably cheaper to buy one of the "wind-only" rates from TXU or other providers @ $0.11 kWh or so.

Still, I'm going to do Solar, but it may be a DIY install.

Send a PM and I'll be happy to give you help with some installers and show you the quotes they sent.

PM sent

Home for the night, at last.

Long day at work, re-scheduled pick-up of car for late this evening after 6, was there about 2.5 to 3 hours getting lots of useful information.
Drove home in the dark, still getting used to new feel and instrumentation, new dials, etc.
Can't wait to actually drive it during daylight.

Car was delivered 16 DAYS after placing order, just an amazing achievement of automotive genius.
Did I mention beautiful?
There was a bit of a minor delay during delivery, minor repair was mandated for rear seat latches, they needed to be bolted, not welded connection.

My brain is (currently) mush, am sure I will need to return to the Service Center (at some later date) for several re-fresher courses on the orientation.

So: my MS is in the garage, plugged in, getting some fresh ions for tomorrow's adventures, as I also get ready to hit the hay.

Long day at work, re-scheduled pick-up of car for late this evening after 6, was there about 2.5 to 3 hours getting lots of useful information.
Drove home in the dark, still getting used to new feel and instrumentation, new dials, etc.

Car was delivered 16 DAYS after placing order, just an amazing achievement of automotive genius.
Did I mention beautiful?
There was a bit of a minor delay during delivery, minor repair was mandated for rear seat latches, they needed to be bolted, not welded connection.

My brain is (currently) mush, am sure I will need to return to the Service Center (at some later date) for several re-fresher courses on the orientation.

So: my MS is in the garage, plugged in, getting some fresh ions for tomorrow's adventures, as I also get ready to hit the hay.

Congrats! What VIN are you?

Congrats! The grey looks fantastic. I'll keep an eye out for you! I'm near Mockingbird & the Tollway.

Did I mention beautiful?

Wow, you effectively knew about the recall before anybody else. Did they mention that this will be retrofitted?

I guess I did know about it, just didn't know it would be announced TODAY.
The two Service Techs doing the Work had a LOT to do to make the modifications, they told me it was a correction to strengthen the connection.

Lucky me: early Delivery, and I avoided the Recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! What VIN are you?

Thanks!
VIN: 12214