Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Already on 50.11 but just got an update notification.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Full version is 50.12 b707518. No obvious changes. It could be the backup camera change I suppose but it's hard for me to tell. @dhu1 Model 3's still don't even have a spot in the UI for release notes yet :)
Thanks. I have driven my car all of 6 miles since delivery—straight to shop to get it wrapped. So I still have no familiarity with the car yet. Get it back tomorrow, so will get to play with it over the weekend.

Tried installing but after a few mins it said “installed failed, please wait for a new update to be pushed to your car”....

Never had an update failed on Model S, first time seeing something like this.

I've been watching the software updates and it seems Tesla was slowly improving things in the 2017.50 release.

They first released 50.10 to only a few people, then follow that with 50.11 to only a few others - if you look at teslafi tracking now, 50.12 is hitting TONS of people. They must have solved whatever bugs were in .10 and .11 and now .12 is the stable .50 release, in my opinion.

So essentially i don't think 50.12 is materially different from 50.11, probably just bug fixes.

Chart of firmware over time: http://firmware.teslafi.com/