Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Already on 50.11 but just got an update notification.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
50.12 update complete. Same thing, no notes.

Phone as key fix?

My current theory is that it's so autopilot can see fire trucks ;)

gUnQhVJ.jpg

I wouldn't exactly consider 11 people "tons".

When 50.10 and 50.11 had less than 5 people over the span of 3 days (each) and then 50.12 gets 11 people in 24 hours, i would say something is significantly different in the roll-out process.

Obviously these numbers are not truly correct in terms of absolute number of people with the software, since not everyone uses TeslaFi, but relatively they are definitely comparable to each other.

Keep getting kicked off TMC for some reason.
50.12 - nothing noticed. I now have scheduled charging which apparently was in a previous update that I never got.
No notes.

(If it was a 'pushed' update because of fire trucks, we would not have had to start the update.)

nope, its been there since i took delivery on jan 3rd. dont know what firmware i was on but it was less than 50.11.

Yeah, I did not note what firmware I was on before 50.12 but I know we skipped a couple versions so I suppose the scroll wheel thing could have showed up at some earlier point. I had messed around with the right side scroll wheel when we got the car to discover it did nothing...and now it does something...progress!

But yeah, scheduled charging, now I can treat the car normally in my garage , pull in, plug in, walk away. That was the only "issue" I have with how the car was delivered, any other gripes I have are minor and I look forward to the future refinements.

Last edited:
I believe the the current firmware was pushed to the masses (if you can call it that) with Schedule Charging enabled and backup camera enhancements which would apply to all users. Some older firmware may have had Schedule Charging but not the camera changes.

Guys i'm like 99% certain that 50.10 through 50.12 are essentially the same besides minor bug fixes. It really makes the most sense based on how the software was deployed and also (perhaps most obvious) the numbering scheme.

My phone, Galaxy S7, worked briefly after updating to 50.12. My Wife's S5 has never worked. I am on my third Tesla and as such have learned patience, but this is getting to be ridiculous. Opening the door and driving are very basic essential functions for a car. I can accept slow rollout of more exotic functions. This is one thing that should work flawlessly from day one. Totally unacceptable.

Fwiw, I had to reactivate both Scheduled Charging and Auto Lane Change after the latest update to 50.12. It had disabled them both. I will have to check out the right scrollwheel. I'd given up using it to see if it did anything. Would be very helpful to not have to find the spot on screen to use voice commands. I'd also like a way to change Speed in AP without having to tap on the screen. That's very fiddly. And also hard to change Following Distance without a lever. It's not even on an easy-to-find screen when in AP.