Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Altavista, VA: New Destination Charging location opening soon

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a good place, but do they have food? I hate to sound like a whiner, but as much as I love good beer, on a 15 hour roadtrip, my primary objective while hanging out for an hour would be to have a nice dinner. At any rate, it's a good sign that at least some more establishments are taking up the torch.
They have a food tractor trailer (because it is much bigger than just a truck) in the parking lot. The food is fantastic, but I would call ahead to see what their hours are.

Reactions: RTPEV
I'm selfish....my in-laws live in Farmville, VA, and I'd love to see a Supercharger there. I'd even settle for a destination charger....
My daughter goes there and my son wants too... she wants a Model 3 and so does he...they can share.... but no where to charge at Longwood.

Highbridge Lofts would be a good destination charger location

15025823542933.jpg

Reactions: swengl
I would recommend talking to the loft building owners: the destination chargers would make a nice "green" amenity that they can advertise and you could also apply gentle pressure by trying to sell the Brewery owners on how it would add business/help them stand out from other local businesses. The worst thing that they can say is "No" :)