TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Aluminum Pedal Upgrade - 15 minutes and 1000% improvement

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Stirthepot, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

#1 Stirthepot, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    My 90D came with the standard black rubber brake pedal, and plastic accelerator and dead pedals. I hated them. I just bought these from Jerry @ ForMyTesla and I love them. It literally took me 15 minutes to install them. The stock black pedal just pulls off, and the new one is an exact fit, it just slides back on the same way as the factory pedal. The accelerator pedal slides on same as well over the stock plastic accelerator pedal. The dead pedal goes on with 3M tape over the stock dead pedal. It should have been like this from the factory, but for less than $200 I was able to make it right. I contacted Jerry directly but I know he is selling them on Panjo as well. Thanks Jerry!

IMG_4398.JPG IMG_4399.JPG :smile:

2. jlake02

jlake02 Member

Very sharp! :biggrin:

3. GlmnAlyAirCar

GlmnAlyAirCar Member

What makes them better? Seems like they could be slippery.

4. Jool

Jool Member

Lovely! I'll be sure to put in an order for those soon :biggrin:

5. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

My previous car had metal pedals and when it rained my feet would slip a little bit (can't remember if it was the clutch or gas that gave me trouble).

I view this as 21" wheels, I love how they look, but they're not functional for me.

6. gizmoboy

gizmoboy Member

Looks like it's rubber on the contact surfaces (those stripes) anyway. Unless you're driving in cleats, I don't see how you contact the aluminum at all.

Any feedback from owners?

7. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

correct. Raised rubber on brake and accelerator pedal. Stock accelerator is all hard plastic, these new Pedals are much better IMO

8. Patrick W

Patrick W Member

Once again I learned something from the forums. I had no idea the thing on the left even had a name. Now I know it is called a "dead pedal".

9. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

And the term "dead pedal" is not specific to Tesla, it has been the name applied to a foot rest in that location in many cars for many decades.

10. mspohr

mspohr Active Member

You still use the pedals? :;

11. green1

green1 Active Member

My P85+ came with the Tesla aluminium pedals (which look identical to these ones) I was worried about the slipperiness of them, however I've found them to be fine. I do think I should upgrade my dead pedal to match though (that's not a factory option)

12. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

Hmmm. Are you sure that's where you got them? Nothing on his site about the accelerator and brake and the last I talked with him he had no plans to handle them.

13. BertL

BertL Active Member

Issue is, I believe, Jerry has not kept his ForMyTesla.com site updated, and a number of new things became available in just the last couple of weeks... He sent me a photo preview when I ordered mats from him earlier this month (they arrive tomorrow.). I ordered the full set of 3 pedals from him via Panjo, received confirmation from him the same day, and they shipped on Saturday. Try THIS link to his stuff on Panjo instead of his WWW site.

14. Stirthepot

Stirthepot Member

Yes I'm sure. Just call or email him. He has them.

15. FlatSix911

FlatSix911 918 Hybrid

Looks like the 2 pedal set is priced at $135, 3 pedal set is $195 and dead pedal is $65 :cool:

https://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/thumbretina/4c4f9e34-c897-4a7b-a799-36a572675e80.JPG

4c4f9e34-c897-4a7b-a799-36a572675e80.JPG

16. Tony Lin

Tony Lin Member

i have all three pieces, fits very well, got them from Jerry, good quality and speedy service, brake and power pedals are not slippery at all.

17. BertL

BertL Active Member

Received my new pedal set from ForMyTesla yesterday. Installation was a quick 20-30 minutes this morning:
    • Clean factory dead man area, let dry, remove provided 3M tape backing on the new Dead Man and secure in place. It is not flat, and curves around the right side just like the original does -- a very nice detail.
    • Remove factory rubber brake pedal which just pops off; then the hardest part is fitting the new accelerator and brake pedals in place to get the rubber surround all the way around the MS pedals so they don't work themselves back off. Jerry provides adhesive which I didn't use, as the factory brake pedal did not have any and fits on the same way as these new pedals do.
    The new pedals are not slippery -- black stripes are raised rubber. I'm very happy with the upgrade which provides a bit of bling in an otherwise black cavern, with the silver offsetting the adjoining aluminum standard door sill inserts on newer MS like mine.
    IMG_1216.jpg

(...and yes, that is also a custom wool floor mat from Jerry that arrived today. Pretty spectacular IMHO, with edging and not-too-big embroidered-into-the-mat logos matching my grey interior.)

18. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

How did you order the entire set? The web site says to order the brake and accelerator pedals from your dealer? I emailed the site owner, but thought I'd see if you guys had inside info.

19. BertL

BertL Active Member

I ordered the set of three from ForMyTesla via Panjo less than a week ago.

20. 5thumbs

5thumbs Member

thanks for the tip. I'm going to order. Thought they looked good when I test drove and found they are only on performance models. Now I can get them!