Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aluminum Pedal Upgrade - 15 minutes and 1000% improvement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 90D came with the standard black rubber brake pedal, and plastic accelerator and dead pedals. I hated them. I just bought these from Jerry @ ForMyTesla and I love them. It literally took me 15 minutes to install them. The stock black pedal just pulls off, and the new one is an exact fit, it just slides back on the same way as the factory pedal. The accelerator pedal slides on same as well over the stock plastic accelerator pedal. The dead pedal goes on with 3M tape over the stock dead pedal. It should have been like this from the factory, but for less than $200 I was able to make it right. I contacted Jerry directly but I know he is selling them on Panjo as well. Thanks Jerry!

IMG_4398.JPG
IMG_4399.JPG
:smile:

Last edited:
My previous car had metal pedals and when it rained my feet would slip a little bit (can't remember if it was the clutch or gas that gave me trouble).

I view this as 21" wheels, I love how they look, but they're not functional for me.

My previous car had metal pedals and when it rained my feet would slip a little bit (can't remember if it was the clutch or gas that gave me trouble).

I view this as 21" wheels, I love how they look, but they're not functional for me.

Looks like it's rubber on the contact surfaces (those stripes) anyway. Unless you're driving in cleats, I don't see how you contact the aluminum at all.

Any feedback from owners?

My 90D came with the standard black rubber brake pedal, and plastic accelerator and dead pedals. I hated them. I just bought these from Jerry @ ForMyTesla and I love them. It literally took me 15 minutes to install them. The stock black pedal just pulls off, and the new one is an exact fit, it just slides back on the same way as the factory pedal. The accelerator pedal slides on same as well over the stock plastic accelerator pedal. The dead pedal goes on with 3M tape over the stock dead pedal. It should have been like this from the factory, but for less than $200 I was able to make it right. I contacted Jerry directly but I know he is selling them on Panjo as well. Thanks Jerry!

Hmmm. Are you sure that's where you got them? Nothing on his site about the accelerator and brake and the last I talked with him he had no plans to handle them.

Hmmm. Are you sure that's where you got them? Nothing on his site about the accelerator and brake and the last I talked with him he had no plans to handle them.
Issue is, I believe, Jerry has not kept his ForMyTesla.com site updated, and a number of new things became available in just the last couple of weeks... He sent me a photo preview when I ordered mats from him earlier this month (they arrive tomorrow.). I ordered the full set of 3 pedals from him via Panjo, received confirmation from him the same day, and they shipped on Saturday. Try THIS link to his stuff on Panjo instead of his WWW site.

Issue is, I believe, Jerry has not kept his ForMyTesla.com site updated, and a number of new things became available in just the last couple of weeks... He sent me a photo preview when I ordered mats from him earlier this month (they arrive tomorrow.). I ordered the full set of 3 pedals from him via Panjo, received confirmation from him the same day, and they shipped on Saturday. Try THIS link to his stuff on Panjo instead of his WWW site.

Looks like the 2 pedal set is priced at $135, 3 pedal set is $195 and dead pedal is $65 :cool:

https://imagecdn2.panjo.com/images/thumbretina/4c4f9e34-c897-4a7b-a799-36a572675e80.JPG

4c4f9e34-c897-4a7b-a799-36a572675e80.JPG

Received my new pedal set from ForMyTesla yesterday. Installation was a quick 20-30 minutes this morning:
  • Clean factory dead man area, let dry, remove provided 3M tape backing on the new Dead Man and secure in place. It is not flat, and curves around the right side just like the original does -- a very nice detail.
  • Remove factory rubber brake pedal which just pops off; then the hardest part is fitting the new accelerator and brake pedals in place to get the rubber surround all the way around the MS pedals so they don't work themselves back off. Jerry provides adhesive which I didn't use, as the factory brake pedal did not have any and fits on the same way as these new pedals do.
The new pedals are not slippery -- black stripes are raised rubber. I'm very happy with the upgrade which provides a bit of bling in an otherwise black cavern, with the silver offsetting the adjoining aluminum standard door sill inserts on newer MS like mine.
IMG_1216.jpg

(...and yes, that is also a custom wool floor mat from Jerry that arrived today. Pretty spectacular IMHO, with edging and not-too-big embroidered-into-the-mat logos matching my grey interior.)