Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking exactly that. I don't typically log into my bank account immediately after a transaction, so I'm not sure how quickly the charge is processed.

Tip: I have my online banking and set up so that I receive notifications on my phone for any transaction over $500, and my CC (I only ever use one) set up for notifications of any amount. Helps keep fraud at a minimum.

The CC notification for my Tesla deposit appeared on my phone before I had even left the store.

I was in Salt Lake but don't have an email or res # yet. I reserved at 10:40 mountain time and my card was charged.

I was in SLC and was done at about 10:28am. No e-mail, nothing in MyTesla. I'm guessing their background jobs are getting further and further behind.

FEAR NOT! It's a sure bet they are swamped. I walked away w nothing but a $1k cc charge, but am not worried. The obvious 'just log into your My Tesla acct' (duh) seemed like the remedy, but after a long delay, just the Model 3 live stream page came up and I can't seem to get anywhere else. Soooo... I will be amazed if the site does NOT crash (even moreo_O) tonight!
From experience, what you should worry about - for a couple of years or so Ha! - is how crazily the queue/res # sequence will get screwed up (adjusted) come production time. Lower your expectations, let them do as they must, you will be thrilled Eventually

I was in Salt Lake. Was able to put in my reservation around 11:00 am. Card has been charged, no email. Ill wait patiently, like I have been for the last five years.

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and EV-Bull
Also SLC reservation around 10:25am. I have the $2,000 charge "pending" on my Discover, but no email and no information in MyTesla. Waiting patiently.

Gonna be a little bummed if I woke up super early to be near the front of the line, only to be pushed back towards the end by some registration delay.

/edit Update, called Discover and they said everything is all good on their end, charge initiated (pending) at 10:19am. So basically I'm just waiting on Tesla to get it together and claim the money.

Last edited:
I'm thinking exactly that. I don't typically log into my bank account immediately after a transaction, so I'm not sure how quickly the charge is processed.

My mother uses the same bank and she says usually the transactions show up right away, but if it's done late in the day, it may not appear until the next day. This was around noon, so not exactly late...

I really wasn't going to worry about it until I stumbled upon this thread with all these people whining about not getting an email, and here I am without my CC charged, nevermind the stupid email. So naturally I freaked out a bit. Gonna give it some time to work itself out and hope for the best.
Go buy something - gas, groceries, etc - on the card and see if the charge shows up right away. At least that will give you and idea of how fast the bank processes transactions.

Im in the 'CC charged but no email' boat. Don't think anyone should be worried... it'll come. My guess is that Tesla expected a heavy volume of reservations but maybe not quite the volume I think they are seeing. In a weird way, this is kind of my hope!

Go buy something - gas, groceries, etc - on the card and see if the charge shows up right away. At least that will give you and idea of how fast the bank processes transactions.
I forgot to mention that actually. I bought some more *sugar* since I was in the area. (Any love for Trillium beer?)

Charge didn't show up, so I bet it's just a delay. It's too late to call anybody else now, so I'll be making the rounds tomorrow if things aren't sorted.

It's also possible my CC number wasn't input correctly, but I watched the guy do my email address and name and those were correct. I hit the RESERVE button and the webpage did some stuff, so I'm sure something went through and at least my place in line won't be affected. Beyond that, I'm not worried since I'm sure things will work out. Fortunately, Tesla appears to be very accommodating!

Also SLC reservation around 10:25am. I have the $2,000 charge "pending" on my Discover, but no email and no information in MyTesla. Waiting patiently.

I did my reservation around then and the employee told me they didn't take Discover. :rolleyes: I had to put it on my Visa instead.

Still no email or anything Model 3 related in MyTesla. My Visa shows a pending charge so I'm not worried.

Within 8 hours I now have a charge pending. So happy. I am guessing the farther West you go the longer it will take to see signs. My reservation was about 8:30 am PST time. I would assume (and be wrong 99% of the time) that they will email in the order received, so West coast might not see anything until much later.

I also am wondering this as well. I did not receive a confirmation email. I thought I saw on the screen that it said they will be sending out confirmation emails within 24 hours. Can anyone else on the east coast confirm they reserved and also *didn't* get an email yet?

I called my credit card company and it was charged around 10:30am by Tesla this morning but still no email confirmation.