Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here, no e-mail but I can see it on the website.

I had registered beforehand so perhaps if you did (that) you won't get the e-mail.

I have not received an email confirmation, but I do see my reservation on the teslamotors.com site when I login with my account (that I had already created many months ago).

So no emails doesn't seem to be a cause for concern at this point....

I just called Tesla HQ. Picked up the phone immediately. I was told that it could take up to 24 hours to receive the email and up to 24 hours for it to show up on the My Tesla account. Also I was told that even if there is a typo in the email address, they will be able to resolve it without losing my place in line. So I am going to relax.

I was so excited to throw my $1k at the Tesla guy with the iPad that I ran out of there without even thinking to ask about a receipt or about the model 3 agreement that was recently posted.
Only thought about it later when I realized I hadn't received any confirmation email.
Glad to know that people are getting them though. I'll just be patient and wait (like I'll be doing for the next 2+ years)

Email reply time seems random. I received mine 1 hour and 23 minutes after placing my reservation at 10:50am in Raleigh.
12495096_10208295445959033_7057802659247559777_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I know I was charged the $1000 because my apple pay shows the tesla charge, but since its only a one screen reservation and no print out or anything an email confirmation would be nice :)
I reserved at about 10:30 AM in NYC. Still no confirmation via e-mail, but it appeared pretty quickly on my "My Tesla" page. Check there to see if you have a message about the Model 3 reservation. If you don't have a My Tesla page, create one using the e-mail address you gave for the registration.

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

This is what you should see (plus your Reservation Number)

What's Next?
Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation.

I checked the source code and (unlike the Model X), there does not appear to be any actual sequence number anywhere on the page (not visible, nor hidden).