Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I supposed to receive an e-mail confirmation or?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's been over 48 hours (10:20AM EST reserved) and no email yet. But I have the RN number (which does mean they got the email typed in right), and my bank finally went from Pending to Posted, although I'm 99% sure Pending is when Tesla got my money (right after I reserved).

• Helpful
Reactions: Lunarx
Car looks solid but it's almost two days since i've ordered and nothing (other than cc charge). i would say that's pretty disappointing considering others results.

Over 100,000 people reserved in store, and you're got a sample size here of maybe 100. I didn't get my email for something like 30+ hours. You didn't pay $2,000 for an email. It's not a race, and it's not like something else happens once you get the email. For all anyone knows it could have been swallowed up by a server somewhere between them and you. Or maybe your email had a typo in it. Just call them up and ask.

If you can't wait 2 days for an email that doesn't even matter, how will you manage to wait 2 years for an actual car?

• Funny
Over 100,000 people reserved in store, and you're got a sample size here of maybe 100. I didn't get my email for something like 30+ hours. You didn't pay $2,000 for an email. It's not a race, and it's not like something else happens once you get the email. For all anyone knows it could have been swallowed up by a server somewhere between them and you. Or maybe your email had a typo in it. Just call them up and ask.

If you can't wait 2 days for an email that doesn't even matter, how will you manage to wait 2 years for an actual car?

no worries
i have a few cars to keep me busy for the next 3-4 years:)
perhaps you're not understanding it actually is a race when ordering early. isn't that the idea for the standing in line part? :D
i left a message in their voice system this am
48 hours and counting since placing the order and myy CC being billed 1 minute later with no other info received
no RN- no email- no mytesla update- all info given to them was correct as i double checked. i'm quite sure 99.9% of people who ordered would be frustrated in my situation at this point.
thank u

Last edited:
same here,ordered Thursday morning and still no email. The tesla page show my info so i'm not too worried.

Same for me.
Ordered on east coast not long after the stores opened...still no email but got the RN so not worried.

It's possible the dude who took my email got it wrong (he did show it to me as he entered so it would be my fault if it was wrong)? I was already a 'myTesla' member and my RN is there so I'm not concerned at all.

Email would be nice but maybe it's a good practice run for 'waiting' since there will be plenty of that ahead!

• Helpful
no worries
perhaps you're not understanding it actually is a race when ordering early. isn't that the idea for the standing in line part? :D
48 hours and counting since placing the order and myy CC being billed 1 minute later with no other info received
no RN- no email- no mytesla update- all info given to them was correct as i double checked. i'm quite sure 99.9% of people who ordered would be frustrated in my situation at this point.
thank u

Well sure the wait in line was kind of a race, but the email is just housekeeping. You have the charge so you're clearly on the list; the date/time that you receive an email about it will have no impact at all.

Same boat here. Order placed in store at 9:10 on the 31st and no email or MyTesla update yet. Money was withdrawn so im confidant i got my order in. I think they got way more orders than expected and are struggling to keep up. I mean day 3 of reveal and their website is still crawling.

I am in the same boat as you. I ordered mine at the store around 2:30 pm Eastern on the 31st (had to go after work).Currently at 49+ hours and no email or update in any form. I was actually rather worried because the bank had a hold on the charge, and when I checked late last night the charge was gone, but when I checked this morning, the debit was there made to Tesla Motors, dated yesterday. Just hoping I can get some form of update. It would put my mind at ease.

• Helpful
  • Funny
Ordered at 10:05AM in Bethesda MD, and no email or traces of the transaction on My Tesla account. The only reassuring thing is that my CC did show a pending charge right away, which posted April 1st. Not complaining by any means, just adding to the sample size. ;)

• Helpful
Ordered around 10:25 eastern US time on Thursday in Tampa. The reservation was in my Tesla account by the time I returned home on Thursday. Received my email a few minutes ago at 19:09 Saturday. That's about 56 hours for the email to arrive.

• Helpful
Same for me.
Ordered on east coast not long after the stores opened...still no email but got the RN so not worried.

It's possible the dude who took my email got it wrong (he did show it to me as he entered so it would be my fault if it was wrong)? I was already a 'myTesla' member and my RN is there so I'm not concerned at all.

Email would be nice but maybe it's a good practice run for 'waiting' since there will be plenty of that ahead!

UPDATE: email received! Some 60+ hours after the reservation...so there's that.
Back to waiting.

• Helpful
Well, my own personal experience is that I am a previous owner, here on the west coast, and I showed up to get a Reservation on day one. It took about 23 hours to get MyTesla to show the reservation number, and then after 28 hours finally I got the email confirmation. Seems that TM was overwhelmed with both the magnitude and quantity of potential Model 3 customers, so i grant them some time to finish tallying up the reservations processed. We surpassed 276,000 this morning according to Elon's latest tweet, and he will provide a number sometime Wednesday for a one week total.

• Helpful
no worries
thank u

No, I wouldn't.

But instead of complaining on TMC - which has no connection to Tesla - I might try calling Tesla. That's usually how I handle a situation where I expected one result but got another -- reach out and call them and ask to confirm that things were indeed squared away.

This isn't going to be instant gratification. And if you waited in line for 3 hours but want to race to cancel without even attempting to contact Tesla to determine the status, I shudder to think how you'd handle a situation that was a bit more challenging.

To cancel, you call Tesla and tell them you wish to cancel. Historically it has taken 2-3 weeks for them to refund the money.

• Disagree
Reactions: Kbra
No, I wouldn't.

But instead of complaining on TMC - which has no connection to Tesla - I might try calling Tesla. That's usually how I handle a situation where I expected one result but got another -- reach out and call them and ask to confirm that things were indeed squared away.

This isn't going to be instant gratification. And if you waited in line for 3 hours but want to race to cancel without even attempting to contact Tesla to determine the status, I shudder to think how you'd handle a situation that was a bit more challenging.

To cancel, you call Tesla and tell them you wish to cancel. Historically it has taken 2-3 weeks for them to refund the money.

ok
I voiced the concern and if you read the post's i made, i did in fact call. It took 3 phone calls(no email after 84 hours) but was finally straightned out (mistake on their end no details needed). I did say in all my posts about the situation that it wasn't that big of a deal. You can save the lecture for someone else as i've been around the car world for a long long time and "you don't need to concern yourself with shuddering" lol. The thread was started for what people should expect in the reservation process and isn't the basic premise for why forums exist is to share info? mine was certainly different from others and if you don't understand that...oh well.
The two cars ordered are for the wife/daughter
thanks enjoy your week

Last edited:
  • Disagree
  • Love
Reactions: Lunarx and FlasherZ