Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one with a (nearly) flawless overall experience??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny. I keep reading negative posts but having the opposite experience. I’m sorry for those of you that have had trouble. No doubt very frustrating, however in my case I’ve been impressed with every step.

1. Ordered AWD mid-July. Had never heard of the Model 3 before then. Just picked the best car on the market.
2. Delivered as promised in Sept with Sept - Nov window.
3. Car quality was perfect and trust me I’m picky. I gave it a six step detail myself and didn’t find one blemish.
4. Updates. V9 install was smooth and predictable. Really my 3 week old car just got better?!
5. Service. I called Service and within literally 1 minute the rep understood the turn signal issue (which I had seen in this forum too) ordered the steering wheel control module and booked an appointment within 10 days. I showed up for my appointment and two service reps with 5 star hotel service skills (really, that’s no exaggeration) checked me in listening carefully to my concerns. They gave me a BMW X3 loaner which is not my favorite, but Audi certainly never had the guts to give me a competitor’s loaner and off I went. Throughout the day I received text updates on their progress and by early afternoon I was picking up my awesome Model 3!

Sure there are some minor design and functionality issues one would expect out of a first model year, but those are instantly ironed out when I zip up a freeway on ramp and ride the rails through a canyon road while switching easily through classic rock, baroque, blues and 90s rap. Yup they’re all in my favorites.

Am I really alone in this experience?

Had flawless experience as well.
Drove in 1pm Saturday afternoon, the delivery center was empty 1 week after 3rd quarter rush.
My TM3 AWD was flawless. Took no rush delivery.
Only wished that the Marina Del Rey delivery center had the guy who could operate that fancy coffee machine there.
600 joyful miles so far - stepping back into my Chevy EVs feels sad...

Reactions: EinSV and jbcarioca
Mine's been that way. I think people mostly write to complain. When everything goes well they have no reason to say much. My paint is good and as far as I know the car has no bad equipment. Everything works like it's supposed to now. I will say that it did take two updates to get the phone key and HomeLink perfect, but I knew they were just software issues that would be fixed eventually, so I didn't really complain.

Honestly, there could have been some things wrong and I'd have still loved the car. It's so awesome that would have been willing to overlook some minor problems on delivery. One has to remember that Tesla Service is outstanding even if you do have a problem, so that is reassuring as well.

I'm sure there will be less and less bad experiences as Tesla nails down the delivery and QC processes for the Model 3. It's been a huge shift for them to produce so many cars. They're building something five times the number in one year!

Last edited:
Nope, most folks with no issues don’t publicize their good experience. I also had no issues with my order, pickup, and current usage. Have had our M3 for 3 weeks and love love love it more than any other car I’ve ever driven. First time Tesla owner and finding it harder and harder to ever going back to an ICE car again.

I’d say my experience was pretty good, but not great.

Communication/responsivity to questions between receiving my VIN and delivery was nearly non-existent.

I have a few quality issues (bulging door seal on two doors, a couple of small weird blemishes in the paint, hairline scratches on the hood that are only visible in certain light, slightly raised door trim on one door, etc).

We will see if service addresses any concerns that come up that are big enough to bring it in to service. The material in between the wheel wells that is getting wet and tearing in some model 3s worries me living in the Pacific Northwest.

Love the car, but still have worries due to reading about all the trouble others have shared on here.

I have had experiences like yours with Tesla and the complete opposite. The main issue with Tesla is consistency of the brand experience, they do some things very well on a given day and others horribly poor. One day I have a great service experience and then the next I am waiting over a year for Referral Awards and over 6 weeks for the spoiler and badging on my new Model 3 Performance. I am a Tesla advocate, but it is always one step forward and one back for me in owning Teslas for a while now. They cannot seem to create and deliver a consistent brand experience across everything they do, and certainly across the customer base.

Communication/responsivity to questions between receiving my VIN and delivery was nearly non-existent.

That's what I'm going through right now. My DA never informed me of my delivery window so my car ended up going to someone else. Now I'm being told December or the new year before there could be another match.

Pretty pissed off right now.

I've had two good experiences. I think the particular service center probably has a LOT to do with it. I picked up my 3 on the last Sunday of the 3rd quarter delivery rush. They were clearly trying to get a lot of cars delivered, but they didn't rush me out and answered any questions I had. My car had a few little things, nothing major. Mainly a few tiny paint blemishes that I won't bother having corrected because I just don't care about it. My mobile connector button does not open my charge port. So I reported that and hopefully once they get through the chaos, I will get a new charger. It's funny, the connector for my Model S opens it, as do the ones at the superchargers. Not sure what's going on with the new mobile one. Anyhoo, I think a lot of people are having good experiences.

@1deepthink - same boat, i had a great experience from ordering to receiving the car. Had my first SC and experience was phenomenal. I love this car; in fact my wife and i talked about getting her one in a few years when our kids (turns 16) take over our ICE cars.

Had a great experience from ordering to delivery to ownership so far. No one is perfect but Tesla certainly has impressed me given how young they are at doing what they are doing at the scale they are doing it in. Some missteps along the way are expected if not fact. I believe they are committed to being better and I give them that benefit of the doubt. Couldn’t be happier with my decision to get the car.

Funny. I keep reading negative posts but having the opposite experience. I’m sorry for those of you that have had trouble. No doubt very frustrating, however in my case I’ve been impressed with every step.

1. Ordered AWD mid-July. Had never heard of the Model 3 before then. Just picked the best car on the market.

Must be living under a rock ... I stopped reading after this

:rolleyes: