Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon After market Spoiler Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Follow up to my orginal post... I contacted the JCSPORTLINE company and they provided a refund to match the new $199 price ... very reasonable!
The spoiler arrived in about a week in a well packaged Styrofoam container for protection. The carbon finish was perfect and installation was easy.

http://www.amazon.com/JCSPORTLINE-JC-XP228-1-Trunk-Spoiler-Carbon/dp/B00TQ4IJX6

WTH is going on with the pricing. I placed an order yesterday for $239 and today the price is $199?
Now I need to get in touch with the company after that the order is placed to receive a credit ...:eek:

Today it's $199.

I ordered one as well for $199 on 7/23/15 Do not have the P90DL yet. Nice easy project. Thanks to all for the info on this and the nice photos!

Attachments

• IMG_3603.JPG
    IMG_3603.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_3602.JPG
    IMG_3602.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_3601.JPG
    IMG_3601.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:
UPDATE:

Mine is still stuck just fine to the lid, however I believe from using the 'adhesion promoter' which I thought was an alcohol swab (it's not)... when I run my car through the car wash, I now get streaks from the spoiler of 'run off' of this glue type stuff... it's really ticking me off as I have a black car and it's leaving lines I have to wipe off, and fear that with the super thin paint will cause issues...

I'm going to try a more chemical and less physical way to remove them, goof off, goo gone, or WD-40 work to remove stickers... I'm hoping that eventually it stops coming out from under the spoiler... but who knows how long that will take...

So, to anyone else, yea just use the 3M tape!

Also, since I have a garage at work, and at home, I never really got to see the spoiler in the sunlight... it does look pretty cool...

UPDATE:

Mine is still stuck just fine to the lid, however I believe from using the 'adhesion promoter' which I thought was an alcohol swab (it's not)... when I run my car through the car wash, I now get streaks from the spoiler of 'run off' of this glue type stuff... it's really ticking me off as I have a black car and it's leaving lines I have to wipe off, and fear that with the super thin paint will cause issues...

I'm going to try a more chemical and less physical way to remove them, goof off, goo gone, or WD-40 work to remove stickers... I'm hoping that eventually it stops coming out from under the spoiler... but who knows how long that will take...

So, to anyone else, yea just use the 3M tape!

Also, since I have a garage at work, and at home, I never really got to see the spoiler in the sunlight... it does look pretty cool...

Argh, that IS annoying. I also used the 'adhesion promoter'. I initially thought the same thing about it being an alcohol swab, but noticed it was tacky. I guess it some sort of glue, and thought nothing of it when i liberally wiped it on the car.

Last edited:
OK, so as I understand it. We should NOT use the adhesive swab (that is supplied). But rather only use the tape?
Do I have that right?

BTW guys thanks so much for the nice photos. Much Appreciated.

Another question for you... how do you think the spoiler will look with the new Midnight Silver Metallic paint color?

PS: Mine just arrived today, total of 12 days from order to arrival. Nice.... Large box... very large styrofoam box.
Just opened it up and the spoiler is flawless. Now I have to wait about 7 months for the P90DL to arrive to install it.

Last edited: