Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this article. Basically says increase range for Y and decrease for 3. Also keep in mind, this may not be entirely be of the processor chip. The AMD chip comes with a new battery I’m pretty sure. May be the battery + chip.

Attachments

• 0219AB7B-E0F8-478F-B309-A37988C3F27C.png
    0219AB7B-E0F8-478F-B309-A37988C3F27C.png
    448.4 KB · Views: 170
Found this article. Basically says increase range for Y and decrease for 3. Also keep in mind, this may not be entirely be of the processor chip. The AMD chip comes with a new battery I’m pretty sure. May be the battery + chip.
If the chip is associated with a range increase with a model Y and a decrease with the model 3 then it is nothing to do with the power it pulls.

View attachment 756867

My VIN is 158XXX do not know what to do :/
Well it's a great car regardless. Unless you are really going to miss the game features. Tesla continuously updates their car. You will perpetually be waiting if you are always waiting for the next upgrade to make it to your car. Imagine the fomo when 4680 actually starts getting rolled out. If it's any solace, there are reports that AMD reduces range by 3.5%.

Use your current configuration car for couple of years, sell it without any depreciation then buy the next latest and greatest and repeat. This is what I would do

Reactions: MrAwd7
I believe that model 3's won't be seeing anymore ryzen for few weeks at least. The reason I'm saying this is because Elon as usual does something out of the ordinary for marketing purposes. He likes to use the power of social media and word of mouth to create something unusual to attract more attention to other buyers. Of course people that orders the vehicle now will get ryzen for sure because their delivery will be months away, but not to those customers that placed the order before the ryzen speculation. 🤔

I believe that model 3's won't be seeing anymore ryzen for few weeks at least. The reason I'm saying this is because Elon as usual does something out of the ordinary for marketing purposes. He likes to use the power of social media and word of mouth to create something unusual to attract more attention to other buyers. Of course people that orders the vehicle now will get ryzen for sure because their delivery will be months away, but not to those customers that placed the order before the ryzen speculation. 🤔
Sorry, people that order before the ryzen speculation will still see ryzen depending on your luck is what I meant to correct 😀