Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amp and subwoofer install on the new Li-ion 12/15.5v AMD systems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, they'll give you more output from your amps... even the factory amps. More volts out at all times.
I've done a pretty nice subwoofer upgrade, and I know it will kill the factory piece of crap 12 volt Amp a little early. I've already got an Ohmmu waiting.

Im shocked that anyone could need an upgrade. I feel it sounds utterly incredible!
It's probably the best "stock" system I've ever encountered but in the world of pro audio there's still a lot of room for improvement. The car is well damped, the panels don't vibrate much at all with the bass going, so nice. That said, the stock system is fine for me. I've not the desire to swap my old school Soundstream setup from my other car. You can't run ohm halving setups on these cars anyways.

Reactions: Stuart Watson
Removed the center speaker. Don’t think anyone can tell a difference. Still sounds great for a factory system.
I bet I can notice a difference. So let’s see for 2022:

-no center channel
-no matrix headlights for LR model Y
-paid $12,000 for FSD. Have FSD Beta on my 2020 which I won’t have on the 2022 until Tesla “decides” I get it.

We’re doing good here!

I just got my system going. This is not final but it works and I'm not getting any error codes or shutting down the 12v system like I did the first I'm with out the battery. The key is the newer Amd cars require a second battery install to support a higher power systems. I would try anything higher than the nvx boost systems without the second battery install. I am running the main power wire up to the front battery and it's attached the the jump start post with a 30 amp circuit breaker to the second 14v battery in the back. I have a 80 amp breaker on the second battery to the amp. Once I get my jl HD 750/1 back I'll clean up the install and finish everything up. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 20220425_204058.jpg
    20220425_204058.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 4,398
  • 20220425_204113.jpg
    20220425_204113.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 713
  • 20220425_204122.jpg
    20220425_204122.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 720
  • 20220425_202056.jpg
    20220425_202056.jpg
    534.3 KB · Views: 680
  • 20220425_204204.jpg
    20220425_204204.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 703
I just got my system going. This is not final but it works and I'm not getting any error codes or shutting down the 12v system like I did the first I'm with out the battery. The key is the newer Amd cars require a second battery install to support a higher power systems. I would try anything higher than the nvx boost systems without the second battery install. I am running the main power wire up to the front battery and it's attached the the jump start post with a 30 amp circuit breaker to the second 14v battery in the back. I have a 80 amp breaker on the second battery to the amp. Once I get my jl HD 750/1 back I'll clean up the install and finish everything up. Any questions feel free to ask.
Wow that's awesome. So from your understanding, the NVX setup would work fine on the AMD Y without an additional battery?

Not too familiar with the details but i have a Audiocontrol LC1.800 Amp with a JL Powerwedge 10TW3 that i previously had installed in my model 3 sr+. Do you think this would be fine with the new AMD/12v battery system. Shop that previously installed in my m3 said it wouldnt be a problem but id rather not find out the hard way if it is.

Stock sound is decent enough that im not in a rush to upgrade but i do have the parts sitting around gathering dust.

Any idea if a budget battery like the following would work well enough?
Kinetik HC600 Blu

Looking for something small and inexpensive if im going to try and upgrade. Will be paying for a shop to install everything and hopefully adding a battery doesnt cost much more.

Thanks
This all depends on if you have an Intel based car or amd. If it's Intel with a standard 12v system yes. If it's and amd system then you need a 14 Volt battery because the car charges at 15.5 volts.