Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

amps cuts to 31 now...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you guys figure out the issue. I just bought a 90D MX 2016 and having same issue on all 240V chargers when amps go above 30.
I get warning unable to charge but car still charges fine on all public and home chargers.

Is it just a software issue or onboard charger problem ?

If I use 110V/16A then no such issue.

My Model X 2016 is having problems with charging. It displays a message unable to charge but still charges fine. I have tried multiple level 2 chargers, tesla destination charger as well as home charger but same message on all of them.
I recently purchased the car but i haven't tried Super charger yet.

Please see attached videos showing issue. I was suspecting it may be due to onboard charger but after connecting a charger for 1 min, the Voltage and Amps settle and stay the same for whole duration of charge.

Also i noticed one of my charge port PIN is worn out. Can this issue be due to that?

Home charger video 240V/30A

Tesla Destination Charger 240V/72a

I'll send a ticket to service I guess. Who will have no idea. In 6 years of Tesla I've never had to adjust the amps from my phone. Good thing they already fixed the 20 other actual issues before adding this one.
I bought a 2021 Tesla Model X and have had charging issues on an off since purchasing. I have a professionally installed Tesla wall charger and sometimes get a full 48Amp charge and sometimes it only charges at 36Amps. The 36Amp charging is happening almost all the time now. I have complained and brought my car to service for almost 3 years now. I’ve spent tons of time and money addressing this. Had the power company out testing our power. Had our electrician out testing our wiring. No problems with our house or power supply from utility. After a year and a half Tesla finally sent a new wall charger which I had installed professionally again. Problem persisted. Finally this year in late July 2023 Tesla changed the charging port in our car. Problem persisted. On August 2, 2923, Tesla installed a new charger in our car. Today is the 3rd and we just charged the car for the first time. Problem remains!!!!! Still slows to 36Amp!!!’ I am so sick of this and disillusioned about the car I dreamed of owning. Also, the service location is a three hour drive one way for us!! Help? I feel like I own an expensive lemon.

Holy old thread batman.
I'm fairly sure this was a firmware/app issue from 2021. It seems fine now. If I recall correctly, the car would show me 32 on the dash, but the app would show 31. I think it's all been fixed since. I'm guessing software rounding differences.

as for Briezy's issue: I don't know what all cars you have, but if that was me, I'd try to plug in another tesla to your home plug, and see if it behaves the same, or different. then you'd know if it's the car or the home plug.