Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An F grading from BBB Better Business Bureau

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tam

Nov 25, 2012
California
Since Tesla is now with bigger market capitalization (49.03B) than Ford (43.21B) as of last trading week, when will it be credited by BBB Better Business Bureau and should get some decent grades beside a current failing "F"?

upload_2018-4-21_15-35-50.png

BBB is a scam. For you business owner's so is D&B. Both of them allow you to pay to increase your rating no matter how bad.

A company that stole (literally) $25,000 from me, and millions of $ from others, had stellar BBB and D&B ratings prior to and after the theft of millions. They used a questionable law that is called General Assignment which erases debt and keeps you out of BK court, and allows you to just change your name and keep operating. But they blew even the questionable use of GA, which is for dissolved businesses, like business already non-operational, such as a mine that is played out, and the owners abandoned. They issued companies purchase orders for services after they filed GA. This is a criminal matter. You can't issue PO's for items you have zero intention or legal ability of paying for. They received the work sent it to MS, THEN told us they were never going to pay us to begin with. The police wanted nothing to do with it, which is true for most white collar crime. It's not like TV. LEOs do not investigate anything unless under duress for one reason or another.

The perps were working directly for Microsoft, and still are. Microsoft says they have say in their vendors activities concerning MS PO#'s. Well if MS major vendors use MS PO's as proof of credit, and MS received stolen work that was firmly documented as being stolen, I'd disagree. But after $8,000 in legal fees, we settled for $8000. The icing on the cake was they stole the money right before Christmas bonuses were to be handed out. So my wife and I took no salary or bonus that winter to pay the short fall to our employees.

As of today we have not, nor will do any more Microsoft work again at any price. They are as much to blame as their supply chain is, especially when MS is buying stolen work. Douche bags who lack ethics. In a way MS themselves are actually thieves if you consider buying stolen work as being some a thief does.

Cliff Notes: BBB/D&B ratings are a silly fabricated number. If a war criminal wants to run for head of the United Nations, they should contact BBB and D&D to whitewash themselves first.

Last edited:
This is the agency that Trump lauded when he was able to cook the ratings so that the bogus Trump University got an "A" rating - because all complaints had exipred and they'd stopped taking students so no new complaints could be registered.

BBB is a scam. For you business owner's so is D&B. Both of them allow you to pay to increase your rating no matter how bad.

A company that stole (literally) $25,000 from me, and millions of $ from others, had stellar BBB and D&B ratings prior to and after the theft of millions. They used a questionable law that is called General Assignment which erases debt and keeps you out of BK court, and allows you to just change your name and keep operating. But they blew even the questionable use of GA, which is for dissolved businesses, like business already non-operational, such as a mine that is played out, and the owners abandoned. They issued companies purchase orders for services after they filed GA. This is a criminal matter. You can't issue PO's for items you have zero intention or legal ability of paying for. They received the work sent it to MS, THEN told us they were never going to pay us to begin with. The police wanted nothing to do with it, which is true for most white collar crime. It's not like TV. LEOs do not investigate anything unless under duress for one reason or another.

The perps were working directly for Microsoft, and still are. Microsoft says they have say in their vendors activities concerning MS PO#'s. Well if MS major vendors use MS PO's as proof of credit, and MS received stolen work that was firmly documented as being stolen, I'd disagree. But after $8,000 in legal fees, we settled for $8000. The icing on the cake was they stole the money right before Christmas bonuses were to be handed out. So my wife and I took no salary or bonus that winter to pay the short fall to our employees.

As of today we have not, nor will do any more Microsoft work again at any price. They are as much to blame as their supply chain is, especially when MS is buying stolen work. Douche bags who lack ethics. In a way MS themselves are actually thieves if you consider buying stolen work as being some a thief does.

Cliff Notes: BBB/D&B ratings are a silly fabricated number. If a war criminal wants to run for head of the United Nations, they should contact BBB and D&D to whitewash themselves first.

I don't think Microsoft is losing any sleep over losing you as a vendor. I sure sounds like you didn't do your homework when taking the contract. Sorry for you loss. Time to move on.

I don't think Microsoft is losing any sleep over losing you as a vendor. I sure sounds like you didn't do your homework when taking the contract. Sorry for you loss. Time to move on.

The MS supplier had a stellar BBB/D&B record both before and after and was a division of a multinational corp. The project was the upcoming HD-DVD Playstation. Ever hear of one?

Regardless, BBB/D&B ratings are for sale. Hence worthless. As I found out.

Last edited:
Do people still check BBB? :p When we were building our pool a few years ago, all the pool companies we interviewed showed us their A+ BBB rating. Then we went to Yelp and check out their real rating LOL. Although now a day, Yelp rating is kind of questionable too. So we check Nextdoor now, at least we know the people there are really our neighbors.

Reactions: kavyboy
As pointed out by some in this thread about skewed small statistics, Tesla agreed and has issued the statement to Cnet:

"Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the entire auto industry, and it's not even close...While we can always do even better, the BBB customers are based on a tiny number of customer issues dating back several years, most of which were resolved a long time ago. Everything we've achieved is due in large part to the goodwill of our customers, so this is something we care deeply about."

I had a friend who was a real estate agent and she, the company she worked for and their real estate client got burned bad by a developer. She/her company relied partially on BBBs rating for this guy and all got taken. Clients were out a lot of money and sued my friend and her firm. Don't remember all the specifics but she wouldn't use BBB again I know that. Think she said there were complaints earlier on him but they had been removed and she had no way of knowing that and if she had seen those they wouldn't have listed his property.

And yes, I've seen bad ratings drop off for companies over time instead of keeping them on file. There was a kickstarter program I was part of, item was manufactured overseas and there were customs issues delaying things. I got my item as promised, but others got tired of their wait and wanted refunds. A few went the BBB route and remember some of the comments on the forum (not this one) about the usefulness of that but pretty much what's been said here.

No idea what the BBB situation was for Tesla but I do think they have grown and are growing even faster now and think it's been hard to keep up with the customer service end of things.

BTW I looked up a Ford dealership in my area that has been in business for almost 50 years. Found they have NO rating on BBB at all.

Last edited: