Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Announcing the EV Trip Optimizer for Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I temporarily suspended it just now so I can ask Apple tomorrow why it's not visible to all. Stay tuned.

Update: I toggled it so lets see if it comes alive for downloads soon.

Must be an App Store thing. You toggled, and iPhone can see and update it. iPad earlier saw and attempted to D/L it, only to get V 1 again, can now not see V 2.

Deleted it from iPad and D/L from cloud. Could have saved trips but most were test runs anyhow. o_O

Chris, looks great, need to play with some of the options. First issue I've run into is, when you are looking at in-app doc like the Feature Matrix or anything else that takes you to the DAG pages (a separate website?), how do you get back to the app? I can't find a close/exit/anything button!
There used to be a little button in the top left corner with an back arrow that said EVTO but I see it is not there now. I will work on that.
Sorry. Added to the list.

BTW the web content needs to be updated for V2.0

Planning a trip for this afternoon, and trying to modify a charger stop to increase minimum stop time to 50 minutes in the hopes of being able to skip the next charger stop with is waaay out of the way. Trying a long stop at Bloomsburg PA SC, hoping not to have to detour to Erwin PA SC.

Hitting "save" shows a blue progress bar on the main screen, but every attempt just hangs before completion.

Will upload it for bug report later. Might have to manually split segments as a work around for now.

Okay, just did a segment at Bloomsburg, and deleted Erwin solved the problem, with a little problem. SOC at arrival to destination shows 60%, yet displaying return leg shows starting SOC at 75%. With no charging ability at destination, not sure how I get from 60% to 75% in order to return. Will wing it later today. Might have to detour to Erwin after all.

Earlier attempts at bailing out of the hang and restarting the app left detail display times and distances in a weird state, showing "aNaN" I think. Will try later to duplicate and upload for debugging.

As a new subscriber, I get the following error when I click on the monthly subscription button. I'm located in Canada.

Attachments

• 45978E01-0248-4C79-9C40-0968EE41C51C.jpeg
    45978E01-0248-4C79-9C40-0968EE41C51C.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 53
As a new subscriber, I get the following error when I click on the monthly subscription button.
Hi. Can you use the Feedback Report in the app and I can deal with this for you personally.

Thanks for reporting it and the same instructions would apply to anyone else getting the same error. It's not good to refuse taking someone's money. ;)

Just for the holidays I added the new Kettleman City 40 stall Supercharger along with a few others. Enjoy and let me know if it works for you. It might be hit or miss if EVTO selects it but you can Dislike the chargers prior to KC on your route to give it an extra chance.

Non-Superchargers in Canada available?
Tesla Destination chargers are coming for North America. I needed V2.0 to proliferate before turning it on because there was no way to filter those. Unfortunately I have not found a good source outside of the US for other chargers yet.

Note you can find a charger in the PlugShare app and then use their Share feature, Copy and then paste this into an EVTO location field. It will enter the name, address and charger type for you. You just need to choose the rate.