Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying CNN article...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I love CNN...don't get me wrong.... but they just posted an article about the Ford MACH E and it's new autopilot coming next year....

It was clearly an ad for the car... and then they say this...

Some other systems, like Tesla's Autopilot, require a firm tug in the steering wheel to return control to the driver.

UGH....I just wanted to comment...but of course you can't. Is it even worth emailing the author?

Ford's electric Mustang will offer hands-free driving technology next year - CNN

• Funny
Reactions: qdeathstar
Pre-orderers still have the choice whether they want to receive their electric vehicle in September, but will have to do without some of the functions. According to VW, cars to be delivered later in the fourth quarter are to be given all features, whereas earlier vehicles will have to be given the functions then during a visit to the workshop. According to a VW announcement last week, this affects only two features, but they have not yet been wholly programmed
So much for ID3
Sorry bad day but trust a BIG 3 for self driving, hope that no lakes are near, or sand or pavement,
or anything.

Well I got annoyed at the fact that you can do more than just TUG to get out of Autopilot... and the way they put it was an obvious attempt to paint it as an inferior product to the new Mach E autopilot system. LOL

LOL no, I was just annoyed how they were obviously painting Tesla's autopilot as an inferior product. Maybe I gleaned too much from that statement.

LOL no, I was just annoyed how they were obviously painting Tesla's autopilot as an inferior product. Maybe I gleaned too much from that statement.

Holy crap, really? I almost spun my Model 3 into a pole first time I overrode autopilot when it was new. I disabled lane departure assistance with the same reason, the "nudge" was far stronger than other system from Toyota that I tried. It tried steering me into a bicyclist one too many times.

Not requiring the driver to touch the wheel is an obvious advantage of a system like this, which can set a lower threshold for disengagement because we don't need to have our hands hanging on the wheel. Why exactly is this article annoying? Someone dared say something unflattering about our beloved Tesla?

You must've missed this one:

CNN said:
Ford's Active Drive Assist system will not execute highway lane changes, according to Ford. That is something that Tesla's and some other systems can do and that GM has announced future Super Cruise systems will be able to do.

On a somewhat related note, I would ask a question for the group:

Why do people become personally offended when someone or something highlight advantages of a different product? Do we as a community honestly believe that our cars are best at every possible thing? Why would I care if another car does something better, or that someone else believes it to be true?

On a somewhat related note, I would ask a question for the group:

Why do people become personally offended when someone or something highlight advantages of a different product? Do we as a community honestly believe that our cars are best at every possible thing? Why would I care if another car does something better, or that someone else believes it to be true?

I don;t think anyone has a problem with other products. It is every article for another product seems to state untrue facts about Tesla.

I don;t think anyone has a problem with other products. It is every article for another product seems to state untrue facts about Tesla.

This is my objection as well. I have no problem with truth, flattering or unflattering as it may be. I have a problem with lies.

If the journalist obviously didn't do his research and doesn't understand or have proper knowledge of Tesla's systems, then how can we trust anything he's reporting about Ford? The entire article is suspect since it appears that the journalist is content with just slapping words on a page, whether they're factual or not.

Reactions: Tres_Azul and Chuq