Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Annoying sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me preface this with saying I own a 2014 P85D model S.
I was at my SC the yesterday and there was some model 3's getting moved around to the maintenance area, and they all make some annoying ass sound. It kinda sounded like electric motor whine but amplified up to a excessive level. WTF is that *sugar*? yall got some weird ass motors on those cars or something?

Wow i thought that was just some crap people were saying i didn't think they'd actually do it. If i had that speaker on my car i'd just unplug it, to hell with the man and the stupid rules.

Yea the motors are better than the old Model S ones. Wait till you hear the ice cream truck music

Might be a better motor (i doubt it :) ) but my car is still faster, and more fun to drive.

Reactions: Cobalt3
Wow i thought that was just some crap people were saying i didn't think they'd actually do it. If i had that speaker on my car i'd just unplug it, to hell with the man and the stupid rules.

Might be a better motor (i doubt it :) ) but my car is still faster, and more fun to drive.
I’m glad us lowly Model 3 owners are here for you to $hit on. Don’t you have a MCU recall to get to?

It's required by law, so unless you plan on never upgrading to another EV you better get use to it. A cool thing Tesla does is let you customize the sound it makes via "boombox" under the toy box section. You can set it to any MP3.

Or you can, you know, just unplug it. Takes about 3 minutes. Most of which is spent finding the correct torx bit and ratchet.

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Sure you do. It's just not the same and not as loud. Almost sounds like static.

The reverse UFO sound sounds nice. The front sound just sounds weird now that I hear it. I really wished the boombox would have allowed us to change that sound but no, it's doesn't and a big disappointment.

I wonder why mine doesn't make the forward sound but only makes the reverse UFO sound. Not that I'm complaining.

Does someone else want to tell him how even a Model 3 LR will smoke his P85D or should I? Also, more fun to drive? I know it's a matter of opinion but most reviews conclude that the S handles like a boat compared to the 3 (especially a 2014 model)...

Your question could have been easily Googled instead of having to slum it with us 3 owners. You came to the wrong forum to throw shade.