Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

another $5k drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can afford plaid if the price was like this when I purchased my car 🙃

1678072825126.png

Here is a question maybe someone can help with…i have an order placed on an existing inventory demo that was $94,990 with a price adjustment of $9860. I have not picked it up yet. Do you think i can expect them to lower the base another 5k to reflect the change.

I know they will adjust regular orders, not sure how they are going to handle all the existing inventory “demos”. Anyone with an opinion or knowledge?

Here is a question maybe someone can help with…i have an order placed on an existing inventory demo that was $94,990 with a price adjustment of $9860. I have not picked it up yet. Do you think i can expect them to lower the base another 5k to reflect the change.

I know they will adjust regular orders, not sure how they are going to handle all the existing inventory “demos”. Anyone with an opinion or knowledge?
they should, otherwise you should just get a new one instead.

Reactions: Nickos
I've been a BMW fan for a long time and now looking to buy a model S or X. I'm in Seattle and I've been to all Tesla showrooms in the area looking for Demo car deals .. I've gotten pretty close to buying a demo S but before I could make up my mind the car was gone.. I went back to the showroom asking for more details on ordering a demo car vs new 2023 models being built after March. So far they are very tight lipped about the upgrades that the car might have (HW4, better cameras..etc) All they are able to say is that the newer cars will have the Tesla logo removed and the name etched on the rear applique. They also say generic statements like Tesla cars are constantly being improvised with HW upgrades every month. Now although I'm glad that I waited I still wonder what upgrades do I get for paying more for non-demo car...Anyone else on the same boat?

In the same boat, but I doubt they'll drop existing demo orders by $5000. In fact, they raised some of the demo prices in my area by a few hundred dollars. Technically, still getting deal, but one that's been halved for sure.

I’ve been watching the “demos” like a hawk but the deal just got worse with this overall price decrease PLUS keep in mind you are saving 5k but not getting HW4 which a custom order likely will have IMO from what we are seeing with new deliveries starting to get HW4 on Twitter.

Reactions: Arctic_White
I would love to have a Model S again. I have just 3 complaints on the new car.

1) The horn button sucks
2) The turn signal button sucks
3) the gear selector sucks.

Other than that it's a perfect car. :)
1) AGREE. I had an 18 wheeler encroach into my lane and I was unable to find the horn in time. I had to swerve into left lane and luckily there was no one there. Seriously considering the wheel replacement because of that.

2) I must be dyslexic. I've use the wrong signal many a time. Wish it was better found by some form of raised bump or some other tactical method.

3) I try and use the auto detect on which direction it will proceed, but frequently it is wrong. I don't valet, but they would worry me to no end.

Reactions: KJD
Does the graph look right? I think this latest Model S pricing makes both the refresh LR and the Plaid the cheapest they have ever been, when I look at your data sheet, but the graph doesn't reflect that.

It looks right to me. The Plaid is the cheapest it's ever been but the refresh regular/LR MS launched at $79,990 and is now $89,990. This is reflected correctly in the chart. Keep in mind that Tesla continued to promote/advertise the previous generation MS on the website into 2021 even though production had ended in 2020.

Does the graph look right? I think this latest Model S pricing makes both the refresh LR and the Plaid the cheapest they have ever been, when I look at your data sheet, but the graph doesn't reflect that.
It looks correct to me. I think the cheapest was when the S was $69,420 shortly before the 2021 refresh. We placed an order then but after the refresh was announced, the price went up by $10k. They gave existing orders a $2k discount and offered discounts on FSD as well.

I’ve been watching the “demos” like a hawk but the deal just got worse with this overall price decrease PLUS keep in mind you are saving 5k but not getting HW4 which a custom order likely will have IMO from what we are seeing with new deliveries starting to get HW4 on Twitter.
HW4 isn't done and dusted. It's Deja Vu:

Bought a July '16 build with MobileEye & AP1, knowing AP2 might arrive upon the 10/1/16 announcement. It did and owners got to live >6mo w/o any AP, before the complaints/improvements started rolling in. When you couple that cost move with deleting USS, especially looking back on the differentiator they were on TMC back in August 2013, it's sorta mind boggling.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay more for a car without USS when vision hasn't been proven to work. I still believe that is a huge mistake on Tesla's part. Glad I got the last USS Model X, since now they are going away from USS completely. Their cars they are shipping now new are completely void of any park assist feature other than using your own vision. LOL.

The only saving grace for the front end of the car is the new updated radar, the rear will have to use complete vision. Doubt it will see curbs, small objects, etc. like USS does. I'd rather wait till the tech is proven.

Much happier with my 2023 Model X (feels much more refined software wise and hardware wise) than my 2018 Model 3. The features need to ship with the car.

Yeah, I wouldn't pay more for a car without USS when vision hasn't been proven to work. I still believe that is a huge mistake on Tesla's part. Glad I got the last USS Model X, since now they are going away from USS completely. Their cars they are shipping now new are completely void of any park assist feature other than using your own vision. LOL.

The only saving grace for the front end of the car is the new updated radar, the rear will have to use complete vision. Doubt it will see curbs, small objects, etc. like USS does. I'd rather wait till the tech is proven.

Much happier with my 2023 Model X (feels much more refined software wise and hardware wise) than my 2018 Model 3. The features need to ship with the car.
Agree with you that the features need to ship with the car, and the general consensus that you shouldn't buy anything on the promise of future features. I'll also express my perhaps contrarian POV that I'm amazed how much has been made about the parking of the car. I don't park near anyone anyway. I'm much more concerned with the driving of the car. To that end, I think you're right that the refresh models, especially the X, are much improved drivers. If they drop prices further March 31, I may have to buy!

In the same boat, but I doubt they'll drop existing demo orders by $5000. In fact, they raised some of the demo prices in my area by a few hundred dollars. Technically, still getting deal, but one that's been halved for sure.
I just spoke to my advisor and the manager at my delivery location in Rockville. They are adding the additional 5k discount as the car is still classified as “new.” That will be in addition to the market adjustment you already committed to. My new price is $81,770 out the door with dest fee and order fee inclusive in that number with a $9860 market adjustment and $89990 sales price.

I went to view the car last Saturday—immaculate paint, no panel gaps, one small interior issue they fixed on the spot. Car had 9 miles in it total!

Very pleased with this deal!

Agree with you that the features need to ship with the car, and the general consensus that you shouldn't buy anything on the promise of future features. I'll also express my perhaps contrarian POV that I'm amazed how much has been made about the parking of the car. I don't park near anyone anyway. I'm much more concerned with the driving of the car. To that end, I think you're right that the refresh models, especially the X, are much improved drivers. If they drop prices further March 31, I may have to buy!

I'd recommend an X all the way! Amazing comfort and the car is much much quieter. Go for it!