Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Autopilot release date rumor

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
Tesla Time / Real Time
Several Month = More than a year
Really Soon = 3-6 months
A few years = 5-20 years

dpodoll

Oct 23, 2012
My inside source says lane keeping will be released this month (October). We shall see how reliable this source is...

AWDtsla

Mar 3, 2013
NE
It's easy to release something on time when the technology is already done and it's just corporate largess prevent a release (bmw, audi, ford, etc). Otherwise, things should be released when ready.

Max*

Charging
Apr 8, 2015
NoVa
It's easy to release something on time when the technology is already done and it's just corporate largess prevent a release (bmw, audi, ford, etc). Otherwise, things should be released when ready.

The technology was done for years, MobilEye made it (as well as another competitor whom slipped my mind), and Mercedes as well as several other mid-priced-range and cheaper-priced range cars have lane-keep/lane-assist functionality. They have a nag, we don't know if Tesla will have a nag or not yet.

If Tesla would at least release something on the level of the cheaper-priced-range cars to start off with, let it not be auto-steer, but steering-correct with nag or just well... anything; it would be a start. And then they can widdle away at the auto-steer problem (if they go the nag route, the problem has been solved already. If they go the non-nag route, then they did create something new)

Dbitter1

Journeyman Member
Dec 12, 2014
Chicago, IL
Well, we know people have v7 (listen for the vomit noises)... but no one here has even said "well, I can neither confirm nor deny I have lane keeping"...

PeterK

Model X & 3 Owner
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
I met a guy at a supercharger last month (9/20 or so) who claimed he'd gotten autopilot in an update the previous night and had been using it on his drive. He also said he'd put 19k miles on the car in about 5 months so maybe he got it early for that reason - or maybe he was full of it!

AmpedRealtor

Jun 30, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I met a guy at a supercharger last month (9/20 or so) who claimed he'd gotten autopilot in an update the previous night and had been using it on his drive. He also said he'd put 19k miles on the car in about 5 months so maybe he got it early for that reason - or maybe he was full of it!

Some people don't know what Autopilot is. Some think TACC is Autopilot.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC