Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anti Icing at Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dilly

Feb 24, 2020
Norfolk
It won't for the simple fact that Tesla doesn't own the land where most if not almost all of these things are installed.

I don't know whether there's a different arrangement in China, or whether landowners or local government are stricter on this, but over here ultimately Tesla lease some car parking spaces at various locations that can be withdrawn by the landowners if and when the contract ceases. As such I can't see them doing anything other than installing tombstones to be honest.

That said - consistent signage would be a good start!

I don't see Tesla installing these in the US any time soon. It is a tripping hazard and in the litigious US, people would be suing left and right for injuries, damages, etc.

I suppose if they modified them slightly, they might work here. If they were 4 to 6 feet tall when erect, they would be more noticeable and less of a tripping hazard.

Last edited:
Smart car owners will start using them as Smart car exclusive parking... which actually isn't as stupid as it sounds as some car parks do indeed have spaces especially for small cars, not to be confused here in UK as normal sized car parking spaces.

Reactions: Beady3647
1. Camera behind space.
2. Put car in reverse and move towards space.
3. Camera reads number plate and lowers barrier / removes spikes / disables flamethrowers etc

With Tesla's experience with object recognition, spotting a car reversing towards the charger should be easy. Also provides motivation to owners to keep the number plates clean in the winter.
I can tell you are from Leeds. Proper no-nonsense approach. I’m voting for spikes and flame throwers.

Smart car owners will start using them as Smart car exclusive parking... which actually isn't as stupid as it sounds as some car parks do indeed have spaces especially for small cars, not to be confused here in UK as normal sized car parking spaces.
One of my
One of my other cars is s Smart cabrio. Always park perpendicular in spaces wasted by sloppy Merc/BMW/Audi pilots.

Reactions: Beady3647