TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anti-Tesla Gibberish

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by bonnie, Apr 22, 2012.

1. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

So it appears. Only hard figures will convince the bystanders. IMO Tesla must demonstrate two or three consecutive quarters with positive cash result, plus an outlook that doesn't include obstacles to prolong that, e.g. "Tesla will not run out of cash/reservation holders/enthusiasts/lithium/17 inch touch screens/etc."

2. daniel

daniel Active Member

Hi Cali. Nope. Reporters do only cursory research for ANY of their articles. There's nothing special about reporting on Tesla. Most news articles get at least half their facts wrong. "News" isn't news any more. It's entertainment. And the objective is not to educate, it's to sell advertising space.

OTOH, the public is reading all those positive reviews, and Tesla is getting known. As I've commented elsewhere, more and more people recognize my Roadster, and Lotus owners are complaining that people think their Lotus are Teslas. This will translate to sales. There will be no sudden spike in TSLA share price, but it will be ten to twenty percent higher in a year to a year and a half.

Note that when I bought my Prius, the Toyota dealers knew nothing about the car, and when I visited the local Chevy dealer to see the Volt, out of curiosity, the sales staff didn't even understand how it works. They categorically denied that parallel mode exists. Ignorance is the rule, not the exception, in all facets of life.

TESLA will go up, but you'll have to have patience, because the only news that will affect share price is number of units actually produced and sold, and profits in the bank.

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

4. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

5. JRP3

JRP3 Hyperactive Member

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

JP is a joke. I think Elon must have insulted his honor in a previous life or something. So he's trying to get revenge. You know what they say...those who live in Swiss castles shouldn't throw stones. I may have that saying wrong:smile:

7. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

My new theory on JP is that he specifically picks Tesla to bash because he's guaranteed a high hit rate when he does that. Same with some other bloggers. I've read things where I know they know better - and can only assume they do it because they enjoy the plethora of comments that are guaranteed to follow.

Ignoring them all would be the most effective thing we could do - but it's too hard to resist. :)

8. daniel

daniel Active Member

If the people who wrote investment advice knew what they were talking about, they'd be investing rather than writing, and so rich they could afford to have much more fun with their time than writing advice for people gullible enough to pay attention to them.

This applies to everyone who writes investment advice, regardless of which companies they like or dislike. You don't see Warren Buffett telling people which stocks to buy, sell, or short.

Of course, there are people who try to convince others to buy a stock they want to sell, or sell a stock they want to buy. Listening to them is even more foolish than listening to the "honest" ignoramuses who really think they're giving good advice.

9. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913

There, I resisted clicking on the link this fine morning! :)

Yup, he's on to us TMC folks specifically by now (given all the stalking and looking him up at his Swiss castle address) and is surely enjoying baiting us.

10. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

There is almost a correlation now between poorly argued negative articles and stock price. It seems that the negative propaganda type articles attract quite a few well argued refutations and the comments have more of a positive effect than the articles intended negative impact.

11. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

http://www.altenergystocks.com/archives/2012/07/evs_batteries_and_tales_from_the_valley_of_death_1.html

JP with his favorite charts and graphs

12. ElSupreme

ElSupreme Model S 03182

I always look at these charts and put us squarely on the "Slope of enlightenment" somewhere between the 2nd Generation and 3rd generation products. Seems to be a good place to be.

I think of 1st gen as EV1 (Lead Acid and early NiMH)
    I think of 2nd gen as Rav4 EV or Roadster (NiMH and early Li-Ion)
    I think of 3rd gen as LEAF, Model S (Li-Ion)

13. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

We are standing on the precipice of the chasm. This has not even begun.

Crossing-the-chasm.gif

14. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@vfx - "You see, what we need here... is more bridge builders."
    ChasmBridge1.png

15. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Or the 100th monkey. Google that, interesting what happens when the 100th monkey copies a behavior.

Mitch

16. teslasguy

teslasguy MSP P#1117

17. smorgasbord

smorgasbord Active Member

This belongs in one of the "gibberish" threads.

18. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25, Model 3 #36xx

sez Seeking author:

"My love affair with Tesla came to an end just like when you realize the pretty girl you're on a date with is simply agreeing with everything your saying and doesn't have anything that makes her tick. "

Actually I think that girl realized he was a loser and ditched him first. He's still hurting about that.:wink:

19. bonnie

bonnie I play a nice person on twitter.

He may have shorted the stock (and based on his opinion, he should) - which will give him a Part II for his first article, What I've Learned From My First Trades - Seeking Alpha.

He describes himself as "currently a short-term trader learning the teachings of the markets". There may be a lesson here for him, also.

20. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

Same old bullish*t, different day. The guy harps on Tesla's inability to be profitable and yet we all know that they would have been profitable if all they were doing was making power trains for other car makers and the Roadster. The reason for the debt is the R&D behind Model S along with equipping the factory to make Model S.

Seekingalpha is the TMZ of the investment world... don't read too much into it.