Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anticipation: What Accessories Did You Buy Before Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With wait times where there are, I suspect that I'm not the only one buying stuff in anticipation of the new car. I'm currently 4-8 weeks out and have thus far purchased:
  • Tire Pump
  • microSD card & USB adapter for Dashcam / Sentry
  • LDCRS floor mats
  • Cup holder liner
  • Handle for front under-trunk lid
I have a few other things I'll probably get before delivery but given that Black Friday falls early in my delivery window, I'm not in that much of a hurry unless it's frequently sold out or there's a deal to be had.

What about you?

With wait times where there are, I suspect that I'm not the only one buying stuff in anticipation of the new car. I'm currently 4-8 weeks out and have thus far purchased:
  • Tire Pump
  • microSD card & USB adapter for Dashcam / Sentry
  • LDCRS floor mats
  • Cup holder liner
  • Handle for front under-trunk lid
I have a few other things I'll probably get before delivery but given that Black Friday falls early in my delivery window, I'm not in that much of a hurry unless it's frequently sold out or there's a deal to be had.

What about you?
Mud flaps; there is a 50 page thread on mud flaps for the Model Y so start reading.

Mud flaps; there is a 50 page thread on mud flaps for the Model Y so start reading.
I'm sold on mud flaps. Just haven't gotten around to purchasing yet. It's on my pre-purchase list along with a new garage door remote and 3D printing a cover for the passenger emergency door release.

Also plan to make a PPF appointment as soon as I have a VIN.

Where on the Tesmanian trunk liner did the liner split?
Right where it folds when accessing the large bin - split all along the crease. It was past the 6 month warranty but they offered to send me a new one for $20 shipping but I wanted one which seems a bit more robust. The Maxpider one fits well and appears durable. Edit: seam has a double crease which may hold up better.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
I got the SAE adapter. Turned out the car came with one. Then I got a 128GB Tesla flash drive. Turned out the car came with one. Still useful. I leave one SAE adapter at home and keep the other with the car. I use one of the flash drives for other stuff. It's cool looking! Also it does sustained writes without slowing, even when it heats up.

Reactions: mrwug
I bought very little before purchase, but once I was in it and looked around, this is what I got:

• Floor mats (I have the 3D Maxpider and not entirely happy with them, but they'll do for now. Options in Canada for custom fit are more limited.
  • A phone charging cable USB-C to lightning: I find the wireless charging to connect and disconnect frequently; if I need a good charge, I plug in
  • An insert to narrow and separate the cup holders, which are too large. Mine looks like this https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08T6DGSPV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1 but there are many different brands
  • Inserts for the two cavernous boxes in the console; I bought them from Tesla, because the price was pretty much the same as anyone else
  • A NEMA 14-50 to fit my outlet; I'm not sure this is an accessory any more than my winter tires and wheels are.
  • A RFID waterproof ring that is a back up key in case my phone or Bluetooth dies. Tesla Key Ring

As for the under-back storage lid, I took a long piece of Velcro and ran it under the lid, leaving enough for a handle at each end. The Velcro sticks to the covering material, so it doesn't slide. My MYLR came with mud flaps and PPF, somehow. It also came with passenger lumbar support.

I bought the 14-50 adapter, wired up an outlet and have to still run my wire all the way back to my panel.

I plan on buying the mud flaps and possibly some XPel to wrap the front of the car... I have some rolls of Xpel for rocker guards but am unsure If I'll install it if the mud flaps do what they are supposed to do.

I'm going to put the Tesmanian floor mat kit on my Christmas Wishlist and see if one of my fam buys it for me ;)

If there are any Black Friday Items that come up, I'll be looking on this forum to see if anyone posts anything.

As for the under-back storage lid, I took a long piece of Velcro and ran it under the lid, leaving enough for a handle at each end. The Velcro sticks to the covering material, so it doesn't slide.
Good idea! I hadn't seen that one. I put things in the small section I rarely use so not really an issue but still a handy tip.

I'm sold on mud flaps. Just haven't gotten around to purchasing yet. It's on my pre-purchase list along with a new garage door remote and 3D printing a cover for the passenger emergency door release.

Also plan to make a PPF appointment as soon as I have a VIN.
I don't know if it's an MYP thing or not, but my MYP came with mudflaps and rear quarter PPF installed. I had purchased a set of mudflaps before taking delivery, so those became backups (I clicked on "start return" from Tesla order history page, but nothing happened. I decided to just keep them).

I bought a pile of stuff before taking delivery. A couple of things I haven't seen on this thread are under seat storage drawer, glovebox divider, and center console storage bin sliding tray.

Reactions: GadgetGary