Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll PM you.

Really interested in the efficiency numbers you'll be getting. It would be awesome if you can report the efficiency numbers the next time you do a nice 20+ mile trek (reset the trip meter at the start!). I'm really interested in the steady state (55-75 mph) efficiency this car can get and how it compares with the other numbers I've seen.

One guy reported 224 Wh/mi on a RWD using autopilot, and another guy reported 236 Wh/mi on a P-AWD using autopilot.

Since I noticed you're in Long Beach, I work in Westminster and will be getting my RWD next week! Would love to meet up at some point...

Wow, a lot of the reddit people are kinda being dicks to that guy.
Good luck getting him to provide more info.
Certainly not motivating me. I live in like the most congested area of SoCal, there isn’t a “rural road” within at least 50 miles. I put the videos together as fast as I could, I didn’t have time to take a 100+ mile drive. I made it as safe as I could. I didn’t want to try it on the freeway, would have been even less safe.

Really interested in the efficiency numbers you'll be getting. It would be awesome if you can report the efficiency numbers the next time you do a nice 20+ mile trek (reset the trip meter at the start!). I'm really interested in the steady state (55-75 mph) efficiency this car can get and how it compares with the other numbers I've seen.

One guy reported 224 Wh/mi on a RWD using autopilot, and another guy reported 236 Wh/mi on a P-AWD using autopilot.

Since I noticed you're in Long Beach, I work in Westminster and will be getting my RWD next week! Would love to meet up at some point...
Send me a PM, I’m sure we can meet up and geek out after you get it!

Reactions: Jedi2155
Certainly not motivating me. I live in like the most congested area of SoCal, there isn’t a “rural road” within at least 50 miles. I put the videos together as fast as I could, I didn’t have time to take a 100+ mile drive. I made it as safe as I could. I didn’t want to try it on the freeway, would have been even less safe.

Thank you for keeping it safe ..yes no need to risk you car or ticket on this ...your original post very informative ..thanks for putting that up !!

I know you haven't driven a RWD TM3, but have you driven any other Tesla's for a relative comparison of off-the-line punch? As everyone has been saying, the RWD TM3 kind of ramps up from 0 and doesn't give you that "push you back in your seat" feel from a stand still. I drove a S100D the same day as a RWD 3, and it was a very different launch experience. At-speed acceleration/punch was similar. Also, did you enable slip start for any of the runs?
I haven’t driven any other Tesla cars, unfortunately. My buddy has a RWD 3 and I’ll get to try it on Saturday.

I didn’t use slip start. I can try a higher charge amount, lower tire pressure to 40 and use slip start for a serious run in the future. Trying to find a dragy first.

Also I would definitely call it punchy for the start, I don’t feel any noticeable lag. When reviewing my videos for time it was extremely easy to find the actual start because the car seriously jumps up in the front when you slam the pedal. It’s awesome!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chedawg and P85_DA

Reddit has a lot of trolls, they are being downvoted out of visibility though gradually at least. I for one want to thank you for posting the most substantial post on a non P AWD 3 so far, and entreat you to meet up with your new local buddy Gilscales to produce some Dragy numbers to entirely win the Internet this week ;)

headers do not show for me on the data tab so I'm not sure what to type into the boxes

edit headers are now showing but the scrollbar to scroll down to my name or for a new person to fill in an empty slot is not available making it impossible to create / modify entries that are not on the first page.

Hi @Glamisduner, not sure which interface your using. Be sure to open the Data tab - I think I posted a link to the Summaries tab instead - my bad. It looks like this (on my cell browser at the moment)

Capture+_2018-08-03-00-17-59.png

Reddit has a lot of trolls, they are being downvoted out of visibility though gradually at least. I for one want to thank you for posting the most substantial post on a non P AWD 3 so far, and entreat you to meet up with your new local buddy Gilscales to produce some Dragy numbers to entirely win the Internet this week ;)
Haha thanks. I sent him a PM, hopefully will hear from him soon. Would love to get more precise specs and make the small adjustments that P85_DA suggested.

Reactions: Chedawg and P85_DA

Forget them. I laughed at the rural road comment. i wasn't going to point out your location on that site but it made me chuckle. Thanks again for making the video. Still the only one and it helped me greatly be at ease getting AWD over P... even though it's still in the back of my mind lol.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I haven’t driven any other Tesla cars, unfortunately. My buddy has a RWD 3 and I’ll get to try it on Saturday.

I didn’t use slip start. I can try a higher charge amount, lower tire pressure to 40 and use slip start for a serious run in the future. Trying to find a dragy first.

Also I would definitely call it punchy for the start, I don’t feel any noticeable lag. When reviewing my videos for time it was extremely easy to find the actual start because the car seriously jumps up in the front when you slam the pedal. It’s awesome!
This is exactly the information many of us have been looking for. Thanks!

Forget them. I laughed at the rural road comment. i wasn't going to point out your location on that site but it made me chuckle. Thanks again for making the video. Still the only one and it helped me greatly be at ease getting AWD over P... even though it's still in the back of my mind lol.

I couldn't agree more with both of these sentiments. The internet can be a tough place, filled with judgement. Awhile back, I created a YouTube video where I upgraded my son's (Powerwheels) Porsche GT3 to a higher voltage and filmed before/after along with a Harry's Laptimer overlay. My son wanted to try my Apple Watch that day, and happened to be wearing it during filming. Because of this, the video got a boatload of comments about how spoiled he was, etc. The video had nothing to do with the watch, but the pile-on came anyway. Live and learn!

Nevertheless, I was (am?) one of the many on the fence between AWD and P-AWD, and really want punch off the line. I'm sure I'm among many that appreciate you taking the time to make a video to help answer the mythical question of AWD behavior. I didn't see anything dangerous about your quick sprints, and it greatly helped better understand where the AWD lies between the RWD and P-AWD models. Thanks again!

Okay! So I got to drive my friend’s RWD today. It wasn’t a 1 to 1 comparison since he only had 50% charge to my 70%, but every other setting was the same.

But yeah, it has a lot less pull on the RWD than my AWD, especially 0-20. It feels the same at 30+. The regenerative breaking is significantly less as well, like a lot less (both were on Standard/max).

Just wanted to report back!

Okay! So I got to drive my friend’s RWD today. It wasn’t a 1 to 1 comparison since he only had 50% charge to my 70%, but every other setting was the same.

But yeah, it has a lot less pull on the RWD than my AWD, especially 0-20. It feels the same at 30+. The regenerative breaking is significantly less as well, like a lot less (both were on Standard/max).

Just wanted to report back!

This info makes me sad....haha oh well....c'est la vie....