Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anxiously waiting an AWD review / videos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the blank- I am new here and just ordered an AWD in blue with 19" wheels. Should I be updating a spreadsheet for the tracking being done in these plots? Also, for my configuration, does it really mean about 2 months from order to delivery? I saw some other threads suggesting I may be pushing my luck to take delivery this year for the tax credit. I did have a reservation that I placed late last year, but doesn't look like that is part of the equations?

Sorry for the blank- I am new here and just ordered an AWD in blue with 19" wheels. Should I be updating a spreadsheet for the tracking being done in these plots? Also, for my configuration, does it really mean about 2 months from order to delivery? I saw some other threads suggesting I may be pushing my luck to take delivery this year for the tax credit. I did have a reservation that I placed late last year, but doesn't look like that is part of the equations?

Yes, it would be helpful if you add your info to the sheet.

And as for when you'll get your car, it's still highly speculative. We started this tracker to look for patterns (by region, configuration, order date), but I don't observe obvious indicators yet.

You're right that, of the people who have received their car, the average is about 2 months between order and delivery.

With regards to when you will get your AWD or P-AWD, only 9.2% of orders have received a VIN, and only 8% have received their delivery, but based on those, here's the summary by state:

upload_2018-8-13_12-11-25.png

I say "state", because apparently no AWDs or P-AWD have been delivered to Canada yet.

Last edited:
With regards to when you will get your AWD or P-AWD, only 9.2% of orders have received a VIN, and only 8% have received their delivery, but based on those, here's the summary by state:

View attachment 325371

I say "state", because apparently no AWDs or P-AWD VINs have been given to Canada yet.

Nice. On the Canada note, Fred at Electrek mentioned his P-AWD is supposed to be built this week and he should be taking delivery in early September. He didn't have a VIN yet.

Reactions: jkirkwood001
Took delivery of my AWD (non-P) on Saturday. I rented a RWD in April and both my wife and I agree having driven both cars that the AWD is noticeably quicker/more responsive and all-around a better drive. Comfort, cornering and speed. We are happy we waited and went with the AWD. I'm working on a video and trying to figure out where I can rent a VBOX. If anyone knows, I'm happy to do a more "official" test. Let me know. Hope this helps!

Took delivery of my AWD (non-P) on Saturday. I rented a RWD in April and both my wife and I agree having driven both cars that the AWD is noticeably quicker/more responsive and all-around a better drive. Comfort, cornering and speed. We are happy we waited and went with the AWD. I'm working on a video and trying to figure out where I can rent a VBOX. If anyone knows, I'm happy to do a more "official" test. Let me know. Hope this helps!
Where are u located?

Do you have an idea of efficiency yet? Would love to hear if you do!

Reactions: SoCalGuy
Do you have an idea of efficiency yet? Would love to hear if you do!

Our initial drive from the delivery center to the closest supercharger to us was 190 Miles. Left the delivery center with 300 miles, arrived at the supercharger with 70 miles left. So about 40 miles greater loss from driving at higher freeway speeds. Had the A/C running as well during the drive. Our display showed around 280-300 Wh/mile I believe. I'll have to double check when I'm back in the car.

Haha, I know I know, 14-50 done yesterday and working on the last piece of the puzzle...

Confirmed with the guy that we're meeting at a local Tesla meetup tomorrow after work and he'll bring his Dragy. I'll see if he wants to join in for a run to film it too.

Make sure that you are exactly at sea level when doing your runs, that temperature is exactly 70F and that road surface is perfectly level.

K Thanks, bye bye.

5zb0ouv3uomz.gif

• Love
Reactions: roguenode