Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any 99 Safety Scores receive FSD Beta yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My understanding of the Elon tweet the other day was 99 scores would come with 10.3 Beta next Friday. For me the only thing I'm not sure of is if they use the same criteria (just the past 100 miles) since I'm stuck on a 96 score from a very long drive I did last week with a ding on it (before I knew about the reset trick).

So I would guess these 100 new batch invites still fit in the first wave requirements...and were missed for whatever reason, and the 99s would expect next week with 10.3. Again, just my read of his tweet.

My understanding of the Elon tweet the other day was 99 scores would come with 10.3 Beta next Friday. For me the only thing I'm not sure of is if they use the same criteria (just the past 100 miles) since I'm stuck on a 96 score from a very long drive I did last week with a ding on it (before I knew about the reset trick).

So I would guess these 100 new batch invites still fit in the first wave requirements...and were missed for whatever reason, and the 99s would expect next week with 10.3. Again, just my read of his tweet.
Yeah hopefully we can get the update next friday and get 95-99 in soon.

I had a forward collision warning today it was a false one I was stopped and hit the pedel to start going and it came on. Dropped my daily score to 90. Got it back up to 95 on the way home. But still it moved my all time from 98 to 97 so I am not too happy because it was dumb. If it really was a collision warning how come my hard braking was 0, idk this is stupid and starting to get unsafe with me spending 2 minutes turning as slow as I can as aggressive turning has been my nemisis.

Reactions: GassyBabyBlue
I got one drive that had so many false FCW that it gave me a zero score which really hit my overall score.
read somewhere on here that leaving and rejoining will reset the score - maybe worth it
Obviously this has nothing to with safety - its all about gaming the system to get FSD beta.

you can simply reset and not log the drive, before parking/exiting the vehicle.. *@least on .22
Thanks, I found that out on day 5, after day 2 and 3 filled with horror as I had 3 FCW sending my score to Tesla Hades... So, we started with a 7 day assessment and now we've got weeks of this... I no longer love my car... Musk has literally made me HATE my car... Why would he do this??? Why???

Thanks, I found that out on day 5, after day 2 and 3 filled with horror as I had 3 FCW sending my score to Tesla Hades... So, we started with a 7 day assessment and now we've got weeks of this... I no longer love my car... Musk has literally made me HATE my car... Why would he do this??? Why???
I think the easiest way is to leave and rejoin the beta to reset your score - as long as you time it just right so you can get 100 miles of 100 score driving that ends on Thursday/Friday.
Of course there really is no guarantee, we already know there a lots of folks posting on here that they had a 100 score and still didn't get the beta.
There's also the "investor" with a sub 50 score who got the beta, so the handshake network is alive and well and its what I suspected.
The score itself has nothing to do with safety, its a maguffin to find the folks willing to go above and beyond in order to get the beta.

I think the easiest way is to leave and rejoin the beta to reset your score - as long as you time it just right so you can get 100 miles of 100 score driving that ends on Thursday/Friday.
Of course there really is no guarantee, we already know there a lots of folks posting on here that they had a 100 score and still didn't get the beta.
There's also the "investor" with a sub 50 score who got the beta, so the handshake network is alive and well and its what I suspected.
The score itself has nothing to do with safety, its a maguffin to find the folks willing to go above and beyond in order to get the beta.
Agreed, it has become a nightmare... I can't believe Tesla Insurance in Texas is going to implement this disaster of a monitoring system on its participants. Gaining 100% every damn day will put you in a neurotic nuthouse in no time. I'm a retired physician and this has to be one of the most obsessive compulsive disorder generating programs I've ever willingly undergone, only to get the FSD I paid for YEARS AGO... It is truly maddening...

Same here. was 1 FCW in when I learned a normal reset of the car loses the current drive.

While I have not lost any love for the car, I'm growing tired of not driving it as it was built for. My wife refuses to drive at all anymore, the one time she did, she got a 92. I've built back to a 99, however I'm part of the AP2.0 camera crowd, so not sure I will even be graced with 10.3 this coming Friday :(

Reactions: Dr Doom
Agreed, it has become a nightmare... I can't believe Tesla Insurance in Texas is going to implement this disaster of a monitoring system on its participants. Gaining 100% every damn day will put you in a neurotic nuthouse in no time. I'm a retired physician and this has to be one of the most obsessive compulsive disorder generating programs I've ever willingly undergone, only to get the FSD I paid for YEARS AGO... It is truly maddening...
Although I agree that the current system is not that great for assessing individual driving safety, I contend that many people on this forum are looking at it the wrong way -- at least for the current purpose of selecting FSD beta testers. From Tesla's point of view, the goal is to manage a big increase in their beta-test program. Let that sink in a moment: It's a beta-test program. They need a lot of people who are reasonably good drivers, and they want to expand that pool gradually as they improve their software. This is NOT intended as a way to screen people to see who's "worthy" of "get[ting] the FSD [they] paid for YEARS AGO." It's about limiting the expansion of a beta-test program in a manageable way. Viewed in that way, the fact that the score is imperfect really isn't that important. Sooner or later, everybody who requested it and who scores above some point will get in, and the difference between a 99 and a 100 isn't really that important from Tesla's point of view -- but using a score based on an imperfect measure of driving safety is better than a truly random lottery, since Tesla wants to screen out the people who drive like lunatics or who fall asleep at the wheel with Autopilot engaged.

As we're discussing a beta-test program for software that controls a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds that can kill people if it gets something wrong, potential testers should fully understand the awesome responsibility that beta testers are undertaking. The software that some of us are getting is not a toy, or a reward, or what we've paid money for; it's incomplete software with both known and unknown bugs. It requires more supervision than a 16-year-old human who's learning to drive (judging by videos I've seen; I haven't yet gotten it). Judging by those videos, it appears that the software in its current state is likely to increase the stress and difficulty of driving, and it might even increase the odds of your getting into an accident. That's not a reward; it's a responsibility and a risk. The point of the beta-test program is to improve the software to the point where it will make driving easier and safer, but I don't think it's there yet.

My own advice is to be less eager to score high. Yes, it's frustrating to be "judged" by this mindless algorithm for an action that really is not unsafe. For the current purpose, though, it's best to view it from Tesla's perspective, as a way of managing entry into a beta-test program, rather than as commentary on your individual driving skill, or to become frustrated because your score means you'll get into that beta-test program later than somebody else.

All that said, if Tesla is using or will use these exact criteria for setting insurance rates, then I'm much more critical of it for that purpose. For the purpose of setting insurance rates, it has real monetary consequences for individuals, and a better scoring system becomes important. My own observation is that some ways to "game" the current scoring system can actually be unsafe. For instance, Autopilot does a poor job of setting speeds on exit ramps and merging onto highways; but engaging Autopilot to handle these tasks can help prevent the driver from being "dinged" for unavoidable issues in these circumstances, so the current system encourages unsafe driving in at least some situations. This is another reason I think people should curb their eagerness to get into the beta-test program. Although the scoring may discourage some unsafe driving habits, I'm concerned that this benefit may be offset by encouraging other unsafe habits, and that's just not worth it to get into a beta-test program a week or two earlier.

Personally, the more I think about it, the more I'm considering removing myself from the beta-test queue. Based on the videos I've seen, and my own experience with Navigate on Autopilot, I don't think this FSD-on-city-streets feature will be something I'd want to use for myself, at least in its current state; it's more about providing Tesla with more data that can be used to train its neural nets to do a better job in the future.

FWIW I was at 99 until this past Friday (oct 15) around lunchtime when I got it to 100.

That evening I got pushed FSDBeta.

Reactions: JBT66 and edseloh