Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any luck with recent Y SR orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. My VIN is also a 109 number BUT my SA said it was built around the cutoff date(Feb), but couldn’t find the email for the exact date. I didn’t push the matter. I said I’ll see the car in a couple days, no worries.

And congrats!

PS. You got your Model SR MY today AND it was built on 3/21?
Skynet is real...

Thank you! I know 3/21 sounds odd lol but I think it means March, 2021 :D

Reactions: DarrenHD
You don’t get the born date from the sticker or the car. That’s just build month and year which doesn’t help you to determine what features you got. If you want the born on date you need to ask your SA for the actual date it was born/built, not the date on the plaque I’m the door jam.

We have a MSM/Black SR Y coming next week with vin 113,9xx, born on date 1/24/21. Those of you whose SA is telling you a vin of 106,xxx was born in March is blowing smoke where the sun don’t shine. I know vins are not consecutive but to be over a month after and still be using older vins? I don’t think the order sheet has shown vins under 130,xxx for March builds. Remember Feb 7 is the date for the new console. I am guessing your 106,xxx will not have new console.

Reactions: RedWhite19
You don’t get the born date from the sticker or the car. That’s just build month and year which doesn’t help you to determine what features you got. If you want the born on date you need to ask your SA for the actual date it was born/built, not the date on the plaque I’m the door jam.

We have a MSM/Black SR Y coming next week with vin 113,9xx, born on date 1/24/21. Those of you whose SA is telling you a vin of 106,xxx was born in March is blowing smoke where the sun don’t shine. I know vins are not consecutive but to be over a month after and still be using older vins? I don’t think the order sheet has shown vins under 130,xxx for March builds. Remember Feb 7 is the date for the new console. I am guessing your 106,xxx will not have new console.
I got tempted and called the delivery team. I found my born date and it was February.....8th! He confirmed that it was the new console.
Sweet!

Edit. My vin was 109xx

Last edited:
Looks like the option to search for standard range cars has been removed from the website - so either every car is now sold, or they just don’t want you to be able to find them anymore.
It also seems to be gone from the EV-CPO website as well. Nothing to be found.

When I went to pick mine up last Thursday, there was one other SR MY. Granted, there was a total of four cars there but I guess these cars were just already built orders people wanted rather than waiting 4-8 weeks.

Okay, I just spoke with my SA and she confirmed that existing orders are still being produced for delivery but are not a priority during the end of quarter push. According to an internal communication, they will keep producing the MY SR for outstanding orders until June so there will be sporadic deliveries during this whole span until that time. I am a little torn though to switch over to the mY LR AWD since there definitely be a wait for the SR. But for those that have the patience, you will end up with your MY SR.

Reactions: Rich024
Okay, I just spoke with my SA and she confirmed that existing orders are still being produced for delivery but are not a priority during the end of quarter push. According to an internal communication, they will keep producing the MY SR for outstanding orders until June so there will be sporadic deliveries during this whole span until that time. I am a little torn though to switch over to the mY LR AWD since there definitely be a wait for the SR. But for those that have the patience, you will end up with your MY SR.
So much conflicting information! My SA told me to hold for at least 10 days to get matched with an SR. They’re expecting additional cars from Fremont . Not sure what to believe. I had mentioned to him I was going to cancel my order completely as I really wanted the SR. LR would be nice but that price difference is huge .

So much conflicting information! My SA told me to hold for at least 10 days to get matched with an SR. They’re expecting additional cars from Fremont . Not sure what to believe. I had mentioned to him I was going to cancel my order completely as I really wanted the SR. LR would be nice but that price difference is huge .
that's what I told her that there's so much conflicting info on the forums as well as some SAs stating the opposite. She mentioned the internal communication to me only because she saw that my order was placed on 1/23 and that I've been calling for status almost every week. I won't be surprised that she told me that just to keep me from calling so often. lol.

that's what I told her that there's so much conflicting info on the forums as well as some SAs stating the opposite. She mentioned the internal communication to me only because she saw that my order was placed on 1/23 and that I've been calling for status almost every week. I won't be surprised that she told me that just to keep me from calling so often. lol.
I text my SA often too. I don’t like this uncertainty, wish they would just be honest about the situation. I’m in Los Angeles , I’m hoping the truth is being told and there’s more on the way. They’re probably not wanting me to cancel and hoping I get the LR out of desperation.

I hope they follow through on these orders for you guys. There was a blue/white demo SR Y that popped up on ev-tsla for a quick second. It might still show up that way but it isn't on Tesla's site. Might be worth calling dealerships and asking if they plan to sell their SR Y demo cars now that they aren't allowing people to order them anymore. The Vallejo store had a white/white that we test drove.

I sure hope my SA is right about Tesla still fulfilling early orders for the MY SR. As for myself, I made the switch to the LR AWD config after discussing it with the wife. Got the VIN and awaiting delivery on Thursday. Hopefully, all goes well since I've been waiting for this thing since January albeit the SR one. Good luck guys and post it up once you receive your SRs. Cheers!

Which dealership in LA? Topanga, Burbank or another?
Marina Del Rey
I sure hope my SA is right about Tesla still fulfilling early orders for the MY SR. As for myself, I made the switch to the LR AWD config after discussing it with the wife. Got the VIN and awaiting delivery on Thursday. Hopefully, all goes well since I've been waiting for this thing since January albeit the SR one. Good luck guys and post it up once you receive your SRs. Cheers!
Got a call from my SA saying a 5 seater was available at the Marina del Rey location. I was looking for a seven seater but at this point I’ll take the SR 5 seater. Didn’t hear anything back for several hours. Decided to call in, now they don’t know if the 5 seater SR is still available. Earlier in the day I was supposed to be matched to the car. Honestly extremely frustrated with Tesla right now.