Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any members a 2 Model S Household?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red and Black ;o)

Attachments

• IMG_7510.JPG
    IMG_7510.JPG
    639.1 KB · Views: 65
We have two Models Ss. We kept my MB E55 just in case we needed to make a day trip where charging wasn't convenient, but it is only used twice a month to keep the tires from flat spotting and the battery from going dead. I must say that the sound of the Tesla at full accelerator is quite (quiet?) different than the E55 when the E55's the superchargers engage and the unrestricted exhaust system on the E55 howls. Even my wife's S 75 feels quicker than the E55.

Stop with the logic! Argghhhhh

Yeah, no power = no gas stations. Perhaps they were thinking apocalypse as in Mad Max or The Walking Dead...whereby you siphon (usually your mouth and some old rubber hose - nasty!) gas into a gas can. If talking gas cans and siphoning, then yeah, can get gas w/o electricity.

But if we are talking “apocalypse” like a natural disaster like a hurricane...gas stations (and drivers depending on them) will be SOL if no electricity. A few Superchargers apparently have solar and/or power packs. So srguably someone might (might!) be able to charge at one of those select Superchargers in a city that had no power and thus no operational gas stations.

• Informative
Reactions: calisnow
We have two Models Ss. We kept my MB E55 just in case we needed to make a day trip where charging wasn't convenient, but it is only used twice a month to keep the tires from flat spotting and the battery from going dead. I must say that the sound of the Tesla at full accelerator is quite (quiet?) different than the E55 when the E55's the superchargers engage and the unrestricted exhaust system on the E55 howls. Even my wife's S 75 feels quicker than the E55.
Small point - there is only one supercharger on an E55 - I used to own one.

• Funny
Reactions: TravisT
I purchased the teslas after the supercharger network was revealed. Back then there weren't many of them but they worked perfectly, I was able to charge the car very close to the advertised time. Now that time has doubled.

This I truly envy - I never got to experience that - one of the few times in life that tech back in the "good ole days" worked better than now.

Reactions: AMPd
Would love some advice on this topic. We recently purchased a 2012 Model S that had very low miles on it and in excellent condition. Needless to say we are in love. We are early reservation holders for the Model 3. I have been considering to purchase another S since we have 2 growing kids and it would be nice to have AP for longer trips and in a car that has more room. I have heard though that the 3 has almost 80 to 90% the room as the S and the trunk space is pretty big as well. I sold my BMW 3 series since it felt small for our family on longer trips (2 hrs etc). So the question is do I get another S with AP etc or just wait for the 3 that has newer tech, range and of course $10K off in tax credit since we live in Oregon. I have patiently held on to my Model 3 reservation and have an opportunity to be bumped up in queue but at the same time don't want to regret it in a couple of years in need for a larger car (S). Thoughts?

I’ve sat in the Model 3 and I’d say the S is much more roomier then the 3 for me. I’m 6’1 and i felt cramped in the Model 3 and with the seat as far back as i like to have it, the person sitting behind me in the 3 would be squished opposed to the room they have in my S.

Would love some advice on this topic. We recently purchased a 2012 Model S that had very low miles on it and in excellent condition. Needless to say we are in love. We are early reservation holders for the Model 3. I have been considering to purchase another S since we have 2 growing kids and it would be nice to have AP for longer trips and in a car that has more room. I have heard though that the 3 has almost 80 to 90% the room as the S and the trunk space is pretty big as well. I sold my BMW 3 series since it felt small for our family on longer trips (2 hrs etc). So the question is do I get another S with AP etc or just wait for the 3 that has newer tech, range and of course $10K off in tax credit since we live in Oregon. I have patiently held on to my Model 3 reservation and have an opportunity to be bumped up in queue but at the same time don't want to regret it in a couple of years in need for a larger car (S). Thoughts?

@SoCal Jimmy - thanks for that info. The difficult part about this is not being able to sit in the car and having to place an order which is in no way small ($50 -57K). And of course the hype for the M3 is contagious so to speak which is why I want to step back a bit and evaluate the longer term scenario (say 5 years from now). I think I am just going to hold on to my current S given that it feels like its brand new and with the low amount of miles on it even though it is out of warranty. I just love the lines of the S and feel like a the end of the day there will be no comparison between the 3 and the S. Just not apples to apples! But, who knows since I haven't seen or sat in a 3 yet and doubt I will be able to do so in the foreseeable near future.

We have 2 MS
The lease on my wife's 2014 Lincoln MKZ ended in July. We got her a CPO 2013 P85+
I liked it so much, I sold my 2016 Mustang GT convertible to buy a CPO 2014 P85D.
I work at Ford, so I choose to drive an ICE car to work daily, rather than risk my precious Tesla being vandalized in the Ford parking lot.
For that purpose, I bought a 2017 Explorer 4WD, which is comforting knowing that I have something that will be good for Missouri winters since I don't think the two MS on 21" wheels will do that great. So yes, I still have an ICE SUV.

Our family has owned 3 Model S's and currently we have two. We have a 2016.5 90D which is my wife's daily driver and I have a 2014 P85+ which is my daily driver. We own 5 other cars that hardly move, I keep them around for the two teenagers (one off at school and one learning to drive). Once they work the bugs out of the Model 3, we will dump the Ford Fusion Hybrid and get another Tesla. I'm never selling my FJ (built for the beach) or my Miata (built for the track).

I have almost 62,000 miles on my S and had 50K on the early build 2013 P85 that I sold a couple years back. I have yet to find a use case that this car can't handle. I added tow hitches to all 3 Model S's for bike racks and for a platform that I use to carry crap I don't want in the car. I have never towed with any of them, but I recently added a wiring kit to my Model S. This car can tow and I don't understand why Tesla is not taking advantage of this. This car has been all over the place, from Canada to Florida without any issues. I did "pop" a main fuse about a couple months ago on my way to work one morning (I did a Full Open Throttle launch, when it happened), Tesla roadside came quickly and I was driving a brand new 100D about 90 minutes later. "POP" happened on a Friday and I got my car back Monday. No cost to me for repair. They replaced the 12 volt battery and the "connectors".This was the first Tesla of the 3 to stop on the side of the road for any reason in almost 125,000 miles.

Things that this car have carried home for me: 12 foot Christmas tree from Costco, came in two huge boxes fit with the hatch open, 4 x 21 inch wheels with tires on them, a huge hutch and 6 x 4 mirror (carried on exterior platform). Four electric bikes (bike carrier), one electric zero motorcycle (motorcycle carrier with batteries removed to reduce weight), surf boards, tents, ski's, luggage for five adults to go on a ten day Caribbean cruise.

I did Test Drive the X and both the wife and I couldn't stand the body style and the weird doors / seats in the second row. We are more interested in a Landcruiser / Range Rover body style with LOTS of real storage for our dogs, beach gear, etc. The X was just way too many compromises and has less range than our S. My warranty has expired on the 2014 P85+ so I will test out towing this year and will drive this car until the wheels fall off, unless they come out with a real SUV or Truck. Hoping for a Bollinger Motors Style truck with 200 kw battery pack. I would consider the Next Gen Roadster, if it wasn't priced so ridiculously high also, I would want to be able to run it on a track without it overheating and going into limp mode.

Yeah, no power = no gas stations. Perhaps they were thinking apocalypse as in Mad Max or The Walking Dead...whereby you siphon (usually your mouth and some old rubber hose - nasty!) gas into a gas can. If talking gas cans and siphoning, then yeah, can get gas w/o electricity.

But if we are talking “apocalypse” like a natural disaster like a hurricane...gas stations (and drivers depending on them) will be SOL if no electricity. A few Superchargers apparently have solar and/or power packs. So srguably someone might (might!) be able to charge at one of those select Superchargers in a city that had no power and thus no operational gas stations.

Well, to be fair, there is a hand pump suction in the apocalypse scenario...