Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Model S's with the Keep Climate On (a.k.a. "camper mode") update yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got the update but not sure where to find the new camper mode

Park the car and push the custom button above the climate button at the bottom of the screen. Then you should get the following....

23BE5C6B-AD6E-4DA3-814D-ECD910AB2041.jpeg

“Camper Mode” is that last button, the “Keep Climate On”.

Something I noticed this morning is that the "Keep Climate On" button briefly fades in on the main screen (no matter what you have up) at the bottom, even if you don't have the HVAC control window up. I had the Media Player on the bottom half, which is mostly white, so I missed it until today. When I pulled into the parking lot and pressed "Park" on the stalk, I saw the button fade in and was able to tap it there without having to manually go into the HVAC page.

Amusingly, the second time I parked, I had previously turned the climate control OFF. Putting the car in Park, the "Keep Climate On" button appeared again, so I tried tapping it, but nothing happened. My guess is that this is a bug and the button should only fade in if the HVAC is already on, but what do I know?

Amusingly, the second time I parked, I had previously turned the climate control OFF. Putting the car in Park, the "Keep Climate On" button appeared again, so I tried tapping it, but nothing happened. My guess is that this is a bug and the button should only fade in if the HVAC is already on, but what do I know?

I'm wondering why this button is getting all the special UI treatment...

And it's not surprising that it takes the T-team a couple tries to get it right. "stay on?" ... when it's off. Uhm...

Just got back from picking up the kids and discovered the "fade in / fade out" button doesn't appear to be a button at all, but rather a little naggy "Hey you! Climate On button is down here!" notification. I don't mind it at all (as I didn't even notice it the first two days) I just couldn't figure out why when I tapped it, it didn't do anything <shrug>

“Camper Mode” is that last button, the “Keep Climate On”.
This topic would be less confusing if the thread title included the words “Keep Climate On” since that is what Tesla calls the feature. As far as I know Tesla does not use the phrase “Camper Mode” on the display or in the owner’s manual. I’m going to ask a moderator to edit the thread title.

Reactions: Daniellane
This topic would be less confusing if the thread title included the words “Keep Climate On” since that is what Tesla calls the feature. As far as I know Tesla does not use the phrase “Camper Mode” on the display or in the owner’s manual. I’m going to ask a moderator to edit the thread title.

Moderator note: Good call, fixed.

Bruce.

Reactions: Daniellane