Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine just went from "Sep-Dec" to "Oct-Jan".

I think us east-coasters got bumped a bit.

I'm in CO and mine got bumped out a month also.

I expect everyone got bumped out a month as Tesla has to work out problems converting to actual volume production of this car.

To keep the PR machine going I do expect a very small number of orders (maybe 100 or less) will get filled in late Sept or very early October to the very first public reservation holders who are previous Tesla owners/supports but are not directly involved with the company.

Kind of. In the FAQ section, it says that owning one Tesla gives you priority slot for one Model 3. Owning multiple Teslas gives you priority slots for two Model 3s. So I guess that's a perk.
I show good times for both my Model 3 reservations. I was told both had owners priority although my name is only registers with a single Model S owned. Because one of mine is non-US in a country Tesla does not presently sell I expect that one to probably slip. The Florida one I plan to drive quite soon, whatever that means.

Are you sure it was September previously (I assume you mean First Production)?

I am a current owner, line waiter in Northern California and the earliest date for me has always been October 2017 -- I would be a little surprised if they had a September 2017 date on the East Coast.

Just curious: I thought the earliest line-waiting, non-employee non-owners were given for delivery was November. How'd you manage that?

Also a line-waiter and non-owner in the Bay Area. My date hasn't changed from Nov-Jan.
Many US owners seem to show First Production Oct-Dec 2017 regardless of location. Frankly none of us know what that really means.

Just curious: I thought the earliest line-waiting, non-employee non-owners were given for delivery was November. How'd you manage that?

Also a line-waiter and non-owner in the Bay Area. My date hasn't changed from Nov-Jan.

Honestly, I don't know. I was 18th in line at the Santa Barbara location. It did open at 9am, though ,whereas I think other stores might have opened at 10am.

More data...

• 3 Model S purchases; 2 remain owned; WA resident
  • 1st to reserve (x2) @ Burlingame, CA; made at the same time -- set the combo box to "2" on the in-store IPad handed to me by Tesla employee

Interestingly the two reservations have different schedules:

1. First Production: Oct - Dec 2017
  2. Standard Battery: Dec 2017 - Feb 2018
  3. Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive: May - Jul 2018

1. First Production: Oct - Dec 2017
  2. Standard Battery: Jan - Mar 2018
  3. Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive: Jul - Sep 2018

Hmm... something's odd here. The earliest date range I've seen for West Coast line-waiting owners is Oct-Dec for first production. For non-owners like me, it's Nov-Jan (and remains so for me). Customer deliveries aren't scheduled to begin until late October, so your original September date couldn't have been right. Also, the estimate windows others have posted are 3 months long; your windows (old and new) are 4 months long.

Last edited: