Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He was invited to configure the day after the handoff event but since he didn't configure yet...his delivery estimates slipped one month into October (from September).

If he delayed configuring why wouldn't you expect delivery to also slip? Not sure I see how this datapoint has any significant value. Am I missing something?

East coast non owner line waiter, no change. Nov-Jan still for LR FP.

It shows employees get priority to a certain limit before non employees move forward
Since no non-employees have been asked to configure yet it more likely means that other employees are moving in front of him. If both employees and non-employees are seeing their dates moved back then it probably also indicates that there are less people wanting to wait for either AWD or the base model than Tesla originally expected.

When we placed our reservation this past Sunday at a local showroom, the OA showed us his order screen to give us an idea of what to expect. He said he bought a MS already so not sure if he is also looking for a second vehicle for himself or family but he hadn't initiated an order yet. Should have asked if he had a time limit on placing his order for the First Production.

Pretty much the way it's worked in the past is that priorities determine when you are invited to place your order. When you get your car is dependent on when you actually finalize your order. As they say in the FAQ:

For the fastest delivery of your Model 3, we encourage you to place your order as soon as you receive your invitation.

I just reserved last week, and all I get is "Late 2018" :(

Might as well say, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".
Waiting roughly a year for delivery of the most anticipated car (by volume of reservations) in history seems more than reasonable to me. Especially given that most of the people that have reserved have already waited a year and a half since making their reservations.

My reservation shows October to December 2017 delivery. Anyone else with an early delivery month get to configure yet? Or get an update that is more than just "next steps"?

Thanks.
Current model S owner- placed reservation on-line the day of the 2016 reveal. My first production estimate still says October- December.

I just reserved last week, and all I get is "Late 2018" :(

Might as well say, "Abandon hope all ye who enter here".

So Tesla is giving higher priority to US pre orders being made as of today over and above those of us international folk who pre ordered over 18 months ago pre/at reveal. What a disgrace really. Talk about being fair.

Since no non-employees have been asked to configure yet it more likely means that other employees are moving in front of him. If both employees and non-employees are seeing their dates moved back then it probably also indicates that there are less people wanting to wait for either AWD or the base model than Tesla originally expected.

Either that, or there are production delays and everyone is being moved.