Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah but it doesn't make sense to follow it "strictly" from a strategy perspective. By strict I mean wait till the LAST employee to do the FIRST non-employee. If it was me I'd want to parallelize beta-testing the delivery mechanisms that are further down the sequence while working on scaling the initial steps, to have as much time to fix any qualitative kinks concurrently.

The assumption that I believe most can agree on is whenever there is a new configuration option available (i.e. smaller battery, AWD), employees get the first delivery of that configuration option choice regardless of where Tesla is in their delivery cycle to non-employees at that time. So at several points this year employees will always be first in the delivery queue. The good thing is the ramp up will be in good shape by them so it won't take long at all to deliver to those employees.

Okay, so I’m bragging a bit. I’m the 23rd reservation holder of Model S worldwide and haven’t been on here for some time. I was notified to configure Model 3 about 4 weeks ago and I’m taking delivery of Model 3 tomorrow!!! Daughter is in for a nice x-mas surprise. I need the owner of TMC to contact me for a photo shoot for Elon Musk. I own Cali plate “Tesla S” and “Tesla E”. You own Cali plate “Tesla X”. We need to get our Three cars together. Get it????? Please contact me.

Note for those of you that may not have followed the Model 3 progression, the original name for Model 3 was “Model E” so that is the plate I bought for my Model 3.

Last edited:
I am a non-employee Model X owner who reserved a Model 3 online on Day 1 (I did not stand in line) during the short period when the online reservation system went life just before the reveal event.

I live in Southern California.

I received my invitation to configure last night (Friday evening), shortly after watching a Falcon 9 launch from my backyard.
Why didn't you invite me over!!???:(

• Funny
Reactions: ecrsail
If anyone is curious, if you select “Hold my place in line” you get another questionnaire asking if you are waiting for the base model, the dual motor, or some other date with an option to choose a month.

They then say you will get another email after your options are available. I filled this out so that they can pass me over for first production since I want AWD. Just doing my small part to keep t