Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.... as we all know - There are 2 additional models of Model 3 to go. 220 Mile version and Dual Motor.

I'm assuming that Tesla would fulfill these next 2 versions the same way they are currently doing todays available model. Employees / Current Owners / etc.

Wouldn't you expect the same?

I would think that people who aren't ready to buy a car wouldn't have made a reservation 2 years ago.

I just can't fathom Tesla/SpaceX taking 10% of reservations now or when they were available to be placed. Sounds all fine and dandy to tow the company line and buy a car. But what if you can't afford or don't need. Do you really want to be the employee to cancel a reservation? My guess. No

Maybe 20 and higher% of employees over a number of years. Again I will say. Most people don't go out and buy a car for the "Oh I want to get it before everyone feeling" when looking a large numbers of people. 10,000, 20,000.......

They do it when they need to get a new car. My wife would concur on why do we need a M3 when the Subaru will run another 100k.

So.... as we all know - There are 2 additional models of Model 3 to go. 220 Mile version and Dual Motor.

I'm assuming that Tesla would fulfill these next 2 versions the same way they are currently doing todays available model. Employees / Current Owners / etc.

Wouldn't you expect the same?

Yes, I would expect the same, and the estimated deliveries for the AWD bears this out.