Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other lift kit players aside from MPP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have the code, but everything seems to say it’s odometer. Therefore yes, one would expect the number to go up by 5% as each “mile” is 5/% physically longer to the car.
Sounds like “a better route planner.com” will compare your gps and odometer miles and let you know the difference in case you care about something like that

but thanks for the info love your setup

Reactions: EchoDelta
You really don't want to do a nearly 2" lift without them. You'll likely end up with positive camber which will make high speed driving really unstable.
Thanks. Probably accelerated tire wear as well?

Also, I haven't seen much info on this is anyone out there using the Eibach lift spring instead of one of the puck lifts? Added travel seems like a good thing and Eibach springs have improved ride quality in every vehicle I've ever experienced them on thoughts?

Hey all-

It may be in this thread somewhere but I can't find it. How essential are the adjustable rear camber arms when using the 1.75" puck lift?
Here is an example of a Y that is lifted without the rear camber arms:

1668113056766.png

Some of it may be a bit of a fisheye effect from the camera, but you can see that the rear wheels are at nearly 0* of camber.

This isn't the exact same angle, but you can see the difference in this Y which has the Lift Kit and Rear Camber Arms:

1668113159081.png

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV
Thanks. Probably accelerated tire wear as well?

Also, I haven't seen much info on this is anyone out there using the Eibach lift spring instead of one of the puck lifts? Added travel seems like a good thing and Eibach springs have improved ride quality in every vehicle I've ever experienced them on thoughts?

IMO this seems like a terrible idea.

If it's just a taller spring then the dampers extended length will be the same. Essentially, you would be driving around at full droop constantly. Not only would the ride quality be bad, but if you hit a pothole or such the car is just going to fall into it because the wheel can't travel downwards properly. I'd also imagine the spring is going to block (all the coils smash together) if it's taller and has more coils but the damper is compressing fully. The spring isn't adding travel, it's just changing where you sit in the travel.

The bump stop should be the end of travel, not the spring. You're asking for a load of additional load on the spring arm. I just can't see any situation where this would be a better alternative to the "puck" kits.

• Informative
Reactions: Dave EV and tm1v2
IMO this seems like a terrible idea.

If it's just a taller spring then the dampers extended length will be the same. Essentially, you would be driving around at full droop constantly. Not only would the ride quality be bad, but if you hit a pothole or such the car is just going to fall into it because the wheel can't travel downwards properly. I'd also imagine the spring is going to block (all the coils smash together) if it's taller and has more coils but the damper is compressing fully. The spring isn't adding travel, it's just changing where you sit in the travel.

The bump stop should be the end of travel, not the spring. You're asking for a load of additional load on the spring arm. I just can't see any situation where this would be a better alternative to the "puck" kits.
Well, I'd do longer dampers too. :cool: You got me thinking though...I'd say it just as likely that the dampers reach full compression before the bump stops with a puck lift as with the coils on the coil lift.

I ordered the Tsportline puck lift (no offense - kits looked the same in terms of quality and my Y is red, so...). Gonna put in an order for the adjustable camber arms from y'all later today.