Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any realtors out there using the screen for anything cool like DocuSign?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since that solution typically involves the user opening the document from their email to facilitate part of the authentication, I would imagine buyers/sellers would be hesitant to log into their email on your magical space car.

Seeing google map of other homes in the neighborhood though could prove to be useful? Proximity to a super charger maybe?

Since that solution typically involves the user opening the document from their email to facilitate part of the authentication, I would imagine buyers/sellers would be hesitant to log into their email on your magical space car.

Seeing google map of other homes in the neighborhood though could prove to be useful? Proximity to a super charger maybe?

Good point and I guess the screen doesn't support opening a PDF file, modifying it, and uploading/sending it to my clients to sign via DocuSign? Typically during negotiations right now I pull out my laptop and to do for counter offers/acceptance on the laptop.

The maps function is useful but honestly the Tesla is sometimes too cool - it takes focus away from what we are there to do when the clients are busy asking questions about the car. ;)

Best car for real estate bar none. Silent and not obnoxious. Fast for getting to appointments quickly but smooth and silent for in-car conversations. The navigation is so far beyond other cars its rediculous.

I only got the "you make too much money" comment once. Otherwise it's pretty unassuming for a luxury car.

I have a Tesla on order as it seems like the perfect fit for my business; real estate. Curious if any realtors out there are using any of the unique Tesla features to improve productivity on the job?

Forget using that screen for anything work-related other than navigation. I was told by several here that it's the perfect Realtor car before I put in my order. They told me it was the "new Lexus for Realtors". Nothing could be further from the truth. I dreamt of having their MLS search open on the 17" screen and seamlessly navigating to each home while viewing the listing on the screen. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Web browser is pathetically slow and you will never be able to use it for anything practical. The navigation system is terrible for Realtors because you can only input one destination at a time. My Prius navigation was 10x better because I could enter multiple destinations and the navigation system would automatically reorder the destinations based upon the most efficient route. Model S navigation, by comparison, is extremely dumb and cannot even access data from your address book - you have to go to the address book to navigate to a contact's address, cannot just type their name into the navigation search.

Aside from projecting an image of success, the Model S is not a very good "Realtor car" if you think that any of the on-board technology would benefit your business. The only useful feature for me, honestly, is the remote cooling. I keep that on during summer showings to keep my car nice and cool when it's hot outside. It's not even a good car in which to take your clients. The B and C pillars are very easily damaged from people entering/exiting the vehicle. Several of my clients commented that this car is only made for "skinny people" because if you are even slightly larger you will have difficulty putting on the seat belts in the back seat. And since the belts are not adjustable on the pillar, most shorter people will find that the seat belt sits on their neck and you'll hear them complain the entire time.

It's a bad Realtor car unless you lower your expectations to something that is just fun to drive. You'll still need your laptop and/or mobile devices and you'll probably want to caravan with your clients instead of putting them in your car as passengers.

Forget using that screen for anything work-related other than navigation. I was told by several here that it's the perfect Realtor car before I put in my order. They told me it was the "new Lexus for Realtors". Nothing could be further from the truth. I dreamt of having their MLS search open on the 17" screen and seamlessly navigating to each home while viewing the listing on the screen. Nothing could be further from the truth. The Web browser is pathetically slow and you will never be able to use it for anything practical. The navigation system is terrible for Realtors because you can only input one destination at a time. My Prius navigation was 10x better because I could enter multiple destinations and the navigation system would automatically reorder the destinations based upon the most efficient route. Model S navigation, by comparison, is extremely dumb and cannot even access data from your address book - you have to go to the address book to navigate to a contact's address, cannot just type their name into the navigation search.

Aside from projecting an image of success, the Model S is not a very good "Realtor car" if you think that any of the on-board technology would benefit your business. The only useful feature for me, honestly, is the remote cooling. I keep that on during summer showings to keep my car nice and cool when it's hot outside. It's not even a good car in which to take your clients. The B and C pillars are very easily damaged from people entering/exiting the vehicle. Several of my clients commented that this car is only made for "skinny people" because if you are even slightly larger you will have difficulty putting on the seat belts in the back seat. And since the belts are not adjustable on the pillar, most shorter people will find that the seat belt sits on their neck and you'll hear them complain the entire time.

It's a bad Realtor car unless you lower your expectations to something that is just fun to drive. You'll still need your laptop and/or mobile devices and you'll probably want to caravan with your clients instead of putting them in your car as passengers.

Pretty harsh review. My experience has been 100% different. I never expected the screen to be used for document signing (as that would be strange anyways) and the smooth, quiet ride is great for driving clients around. I have yet to have grossly obese clients in the car so I can't comment on that but everyone I have had in the car has enjoyed it a lot.

I agree that the Nav would be much better if you could enter multiple addresses however I'm coming from BMW and the iDrive I really don't miss as it was a pain to enter destinations on the fly. I found a work-around - I have my assistant enter all of the addresses in separate appointments in my calendar and all addresses are in my calendar ready for navigation. It works amazing for me. Prius nav is 10x better?? I should go check out the Prius...

My only beef... I LOVE the look of the 21" wheels but the ride is admittedly harsh with the sport suspension as well. I would prefer a smoother ride with clients but sporty by myself :).

I always have my clients in the car with me unless they have a baby needing a car seat I have them drive their own vehicle.

Pretty harsh review. My experience has been 100% different. I never expected the screen to be used for document signing (as that would be strange anyways) and the smooth, quiet ride is great for driving clients around. I have yet to have grossly obese clients in the car so I can't comment on that but everyone I have had in the car has enjoyed it a lot.

I agree that the Nav would be much better if you could enter multiple addresses however I'm coming from BMW and the iDrive I really don't miss as it was a pain to enter destinations on the fly. I found a work-around - I have my assistant enter all of the addresses in separate appointments in my calendar and all addresses are in my calendar ready for navigation. It works amazing for me. Prius nav is 10x better?? I should go check out the Prius...

My only beef... I LOVE the look of the 21" wheels but the ride is admittedly harsh with the sport suspension as well. I would prefer a smoother ride with clients but sporty by myself :).

I always have my clients in the car with me unless they have a baby needing a car seat I have them drive their own vehicle.

Of course it's all personal preference, but what you describe can be fulfilled by any number of vehicles. There is nothing in particular that the Model S does for Realtors that a Lexus, Mercedes, or Cadillac can't do. Of course I love my Model S and enjoy taking it to appointments, but the technology suite in the car is severely lacking for anything but the most basic usage. You can't even use the car as a hot spot for your laptop if you needed it, which is something that Tesla promised in the beginning but never delivered. I'm not being harsh, I'm being honest based on my experience being a Realtor and using this car.

So seems the technology itself isn't that helpful, but how about the car itself? Is it a good conversation starter with clients/potential clients? One thought I had was to use the car to archieve which buildings in my city have a electric car charging station, etc.

So seems the technology itself isn't that helpful, but how about the car itself? Is it a good conversation starter with clients/potential clients? One thought I had was to use the car to archieve which buildings in my city have a electric car charging station, etc.

It's definitely a conversation piece. I offer my sellers free test rides if they list with me. That has been a popular offering. I also park it at the open house to get even more attention. As far as your work flow goes, it won't help, but it could help you get clients! I've found the car to be a bit of a liability when trying to list homes owned by blue collar working folks, they seem to resent the appearance of success and wealth. At least in my area.

It's definitely a conversation piece. I offer my sellers free test rides if they list with me. That has been a popular offering. I also park it at the open house to get even more attention. As far as your work flow goes, it won't help, but it could help you get clients! I've found the car to be a bit of a liability when trying to list homes owned by blue collar working folks, they seem to resent the appearance of success and wealth. At least in my area.

Same here, but I have a 2011 Honda CR-Z my assistant drives that I take if I feel an expensive car will be a problem.

Last year I personally went from a Civic to a BMW 435i and it has helped. Was doing a listing presentation on an expensive property just last week...owner says, "you have good taste in cars," and when we got to his garage he had a BMW X5 and M Coupe.

Hoping the Tesla will have a positive impact on business. One thing I totally didn't realize when getting the 21s is the tire wear. I drive about 42,000 - 44,000 km per year. The tire replacement is going to cost me more that what gas would on an ICE car! :)

I found a work-around - I have my assistant enter all of the addresses in separate appointments in my calendar and all addresses are in my calendar ready for navigation. It works amazing for me.

I agree that having the addresses in separate calendar appointments is the way to go. If you use Centralized Showing Service in your area, there is an easy way to have all your showing appointments on your calendar - by subscribing to your CSS calendar. See this quick how to video:

Centralized Showing Service - Calendar Subscription - YouTube

This is by far the most convenient feature for my business.

The other half once forgot something and needed me to bring it to an open house. I was explicitly told not to bring the S and instead drive the ICE to not offend the hard workers in the community. Now, in a different part of town, I've been asked if maybe the S could be borrowed for listing appts. So yeah, you definitely have to keep in mind the demographics of your clientele.