Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone see that new generic message since this morning I believe. And in the text you have a new red link to forward to the new delivery process guide. The interesting, they say VIN is assigned around 5 weeks before delivery

Maybe that 5 week estimate is for people who just got assigned? Clearly there are several Sig. Reservation holders who have not received their cars yet. And as for me, I received my VIN 8 weeks and 2 days ago. But who's counting....? ;)

UPDATED: Just read the "applet" and what it actually says is that the VIN is usually assigned 5 weeks before production is completed. That's in the ballpark for when my car was completed and so it's factually accurate even in my case. But it doesn't go on to estimate how long the car could be in QC. I know mine has been in QC for almost a month now.

Last edited:
I haven't received one but have been told it is on the truck on the way to the SC. So who knows maybe as soon as next week? Will let you know when I get contacted for pick up.

Best,

Tony

Sorry to hear about your delay. It's no doubt a bummer that as a signature reservation holder you have yet to receive your car when others like myself have received our production cars. However you'll absolutely be delighted with your car when you get it!!!

Sorry to hear about your delay. It's no doubt a bummer that as a signature reservation holder you have yet to receive your car when others like myself have received our production cars. However you'll absolutely be delighted with your car when you get it!!!
Deja vu, all over again. Sounds like November, 2012 with the Model S. Some things never change.

I am so excited. My delivery status went from "order confirmed" to "ordered". Is that progress ?

Ironic since it has had a VIN for months and has been fully paid for since Dec 12. But at least I made it to dot number two on the order process time line.

image.jpeg

I am so excited. My delivery status went from "order confirmed" to "ordered". Is that progress ?

Ironic since it has had a VIN for months and has been fully paid for since Dec 12. But at least I made it to dot number two on the order process time line.

View attachment 112119

Where do you see that on the my tesla page? I only saw that in the documentation of the delivery process and that progress indicator just shows how far along you've read...

Peter+

Where do you see that on the my tesla page? I only saw that in the documentation of the delivery process and that progress indicator just shows how far along you've read...

Peter+

Based on the status posted on MyTesla "order"is where I currently sit in the new order process timeline. My order status has been displayed as "order confirmed" for months. Now after the rework or the web site I am just "order". It is just a little bizarre to go thru the entire process and never have any status anywhere display accurate information. Then arrive at the end of the process months ago and still show as "order". Last delivery guess I was given was delivery in March. I forgot to ask what year.

image.jpeg

- - - Updated - - -

Peter, Obviously the lack of accurate information is beginning to wear me down. I posted the "new" order process timeline to show how meaningless the information is. This isn't my first Tesla rodeo but this is by far and without question the most bizarre Tesla experience I have ever participated in.

There must be someone somewhere that has an actual schedule and knows at what rate reworks will be completed. The someday it will happen delivery scheduling is slowly becoming maddening.

We are happy with the X delivered Dec 31, warts and all. I just find it incredible that no one seems to have any idea when anything will happen.

Wow - you all have a lot more patience and understand than I ever would. If my Signature Model X had been fully paid since December and I still hadn't received it by February, and Production reservations had started to take delivery, I would have already cancelled the car and my attorney would have sent a demand note for indemnification of every last penny plus all the interest lost by letting Tesla hold my $40,000 for three years.

No matter how badly I might want the Model X, I would never reward a company for such awful treatment and poor coordination. Any Signature reservation holder who hasn't received his/her car yet and is still planning on taking delivery must either be saintly or self-destructive! I would never stand for that despicable situation, especially for such an expensive, high-end product. And I absolutely wouldn't get a Model S instead; I'd just go get a regular luxury car for half the price and wait for another company to release a competitive EV or PHEV.

My DS tells me no car this weekend also. No date for delivery either.

I haven't received one but have been told it is on the truck on the way to the SC. So who knows maybe as soon as next week? Will let you know when I get contacted for pick up.

I'd just go get a regular luxury car for half the price and wait for another company to release a competitive EV or PHEV.

Blastphemy, while you do capture the frustration felt by a bunch of us Signature X people who are being kept in purgatory, I have to differ on the cause of the frustration. Our frustration is with the total lack of communication, not with the delays in the car. OK, there is a bit of frustration with the fact that they are choosing to crank out the production cars, rather than finish our Signature cars, simply because they need the higher delivery numbers for their Q1 report. Our Sigs, which find themselves waiting for "rectification", have a lower parts priority since they take longer to complete. However, I get that. They have a company to run, and stockholders, including myself, to answer to. I just wish they would just once initiate some communication with us.

Where I totally differ with you is where you would switch to another non-Tesla car. The reason that us Signature people put up the money that we did, is that we believe in the company, and this groundbreaking car. There are no other equivalent options to switch to. After all, it is not easy to build a leading edge car like this. That is why no one else is doing it. I am holding out for a totally electric vehicle that will hold both our family, and our dogs. While I personally don't need the amazing performance, I will certainly show it off to friends. And most of all, I believe in Tesla Motors, as the only company out there willing to take chances to improve our world. Switching to an ordinary ICE car company just won't cut it.

So, all in all, I'm willing to wait. I just hope it won't be too much longer.

Ron
SigX VIN #484 (still waiting)

Reactions: beths11
It would make no sense to punish a company that is doing what Tesla is attempting to do (mass adoption EV) and reward some other company by buying one of their POS Ice SUV's. Some people come off as extremely entitled and selfish, I won't name names. These same people also act as if Tesla is intentionally trying to make them unhappy. Get a grip.

I'm no saint but I am with ronmerkord on this. When people ask how much it costs I do say that no one should spend this much for a car unless they realize a good chunk of the cost is a donation to the cause. There is no comparable situation so while I do think TM could manage expectations better they cannot improve the wait and I wouldn't trade that for any other car experience.

The end is in sight for Sig 60X / VIN 26X. I visited it at the service center where I stopped unannounced. I had paperwork showing it was me/mine. It was just off the truck and they let me take a look at it and take some pictures. They didn't rush me but I only stayed for 10 minutes. I appreciated them letting me look even tho it was dirty and the door were not calibrated (he opened a FaWD but they did not go all the way up initially), etc, etc. I did ask if they were going to adjust the frunk since it was perhaps 2mm difference in the gap. I assumed they would but at least they know I'm observant ;) They couldn't give me a delivery date since no tech has looked at it and inspected it. Always a chance some part needs to be replaced and that would take longer to get. Surreal to stand next to it after 3 yrs.

The end is in sight for Sig 60X / VIN 26X. I visited it at the service center where I stopped unannounced. I had paperwork showing it was me/mine. It was just off the truck and they let me take a look at it and take some pictures. They didn't rush me but I only stayed for 10 minutes. I appreciated them letting me look even tho it was dirty and the door were not calibrated (he opened a FaWD but they did not go all the way up initially), etc, etc. I did ask if they were going to adjust the frunk since it was perhaps 2mm difference in the gap. I assumed they would but at least they know I'm observant ;) They couldn't give me a delivery date since no tech has looked at it and inspected it. Always a chance some part needs to be replaced and that would take longer to get. Surreal to stand next to it after 3 yrs.

Congratulations Scott!

Where I totally differ with you is where you would switch to another non-Tesla car. The reason that us Signature people put up the money that we did, is that we believe in the company, and this groundbreaking car. There are no other equivalent options to switch to. After all, it is not easy to build a leading edge car like this. That is why no one else is doing it.

I'm Production, so I'm perfectly happy to wait for our car to be delivered. But if I were Signature, there'd be no way I'd accept the current situation. I'm already making compromises for "the cause" getting an SUV that doesn't have folding 2nd row seats and one that has a finite range with limited recharging locations. I'm also paying nearly twice as much than I would have to for an ICE car with the same amenities (minus the falcon wing doors) plus additional technology not even incorporated into the X.

But I believe in EV adoption too, so I'm accepting the flaws in order to get the only existing electric SUV available (unless one counts used Toyota Rav4 EVs which is what we're replacing in our garage, and that car is limited to ~100 miles and doesn't supercharge).

It would make no sense to punish a company that is doing what Tesla is attempting to do (mass adoption EV) and reward some other company by buying one of their POS Ice SUV's. Some people come off as extremely entitled and selfish, I won't name names. These same people also act as if Tesla is intentionally trying to make them unhappy. Get a grip.

It also makes no sense to reward a company for terrible communication, clearly unattainable timeframes, and outright misrepresentations. Buying a competitor's more luxurious full-sized SUV with all conceivable amenities included for 50-60% of the price of a CUV masquerading as a SUV without folding 2nd row seats, a head-up display, and around-view parking cameras would definitely be a worthwhile purchase, since all you'd be missing is electric drive and gimmicky 2nd row doors. Some people coming off as extremely rude and out-of-touch fanboys, I won't name names. These same people act as if Tesla can do no wrong and hasn't made a lot of mistakes with the Model X. Get a clue.

Every day, I read this thread. And every day, I think to myself that this is by far the most depressing thread. Every day I want to comment how my heart goes out to all of those people whose Sig X's are in purgatory.... err... I mean "rectification".... yeah, it's a first world problem, but that doesn't mean it's not a problem. Out of all the people that complain about so much stuff on these forums, IMO this thread is the most legit. Perhaps I feel that way because my Prod. X has been in QC purga.... rectification(!!) for a month now. And @roamer is absolutely right: I can weather the hurricane of negativity in this and the other forum fairly well, but this purg... rectification (!!) without communication is really wearing me down... a lot...

Congrats! That must of felt really good! Time sure flies so hoping for a speedy prep and delivery for you.