Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Success in Getting Response From [email protected]?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Jan 2 I ordered a 14-30 adaptor via the Tesla website, and the order was confirmed (and CC charged). Since then, nothing, despite 3-4 emails asking WTF?

Anyone found a way to get them to respond? I'd cancel and pay more for an adaptor elsewhere, but I doubt the refund would go through.

Same here, 5 emails over 3 weeks and no response.

Call the main corporate office and select the option to get an order update on your vehicle .. this will get you to someone who can contact the person who runs the online shop .. be nice and they will go out of their way to help you.

I was listening to the back and forth and apparently Tesla was really taken off guard by the number of vehicle (and merchandise) orders over the last few months and simply could not get new hires in and trained in time to meet demand.

The person I spoke with was very friendly and helpful and wasn't in a hurry to get me off the phone.

My order was cancelled and fully refunded within a few days, I did get order cancellation emails.

The *reason* my order went dark was, due to volume, at the time of my order, their ordering system overloaded and basically submitted my order (and others) in a broken state where fulfillment couldn't see the order. It required somebody to fix it manually (in a database I presume). Afterwards, I started getting emails again and things moved along quite nicely with my re-orders.

The only email response I got (beyond the automatic reply) was when I returned two unopened wall charges and requested an RMA. They did respond within a few hours with return labels.

Last edited:
Good info. Just tried that and the main office (888-518-3752) wasn't able to get me transferred to that department. I told him what had happened for you, but he still said he couldn't get me a direct line to that company. He suggested I go into a Tesla service station, but none are close. Maybe I can call the closest one.

Luckily, I don't need to adaptor right away. I'll give it some more time.

I dealt with this last year when I ordered a HPWC and decided not to keep it. After not getting any information about a return label, I tried a service center. They really did not want to deal with it and ended up recirculating my original email, from their address to the orders email address, and I got a quick response with details on returning. You might be able to call the service center and mention the issue, and see if they can help you out without needing to show up.

I know that might sound like a pain, but it worked for me, they are not a good online retailer beyond their core product.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
This really shouldn't happen.

Tesla should hold itself to a higher standard, here's why: Customer's might think: If they can't handle standard product ordering and delivery, and can't figure a way to answer emails, how can I trust them with my life while driving 80 MPH?

Sure, it's different engineers, but still.

My best experience has been by going into a show room and talking to a S.A. there, she was a real nice girl and she asked for my email address to send me some follow up info on our conversation. Basically I just asked if she could keep an eye out for any un-delivered inventory, and she agreed to help me out. Whenever I had any inquiries about my orders or delivery dates, I reached out to her directly, and she did all the leg work; she even added a referral code retroactively that I had forgotten to utilize when placing my order. My .02 cents, go in to a show room and strike up a friendly conversation with a sales advisor.

My friend ordered an adapter (for the dryer outlet) back in 2018. After 3 weeks there was nothing, so he called to ask about it (back then they still have phone contact), they said they will ship him another one. He got 1 after a few days... and then another one came after another few days. So now he got 2 LOL.

When I took a factory tour about two weeks ago the tour guide drove us by the online order fulfillment desk. Yes, it’s a desk with a person...maybe two.

This is definitely not Amazon. I would just avoid ordering anything online from Tesla if you can at all avoid it.

LOL, this is exactly what I suspected. The way Tesla behaves is like they have no ticketing system of any kind. Orders, car delivery updates, service requests...all feel like it's handled by a single person who is looking at a huge unorganized list of requests and going through them almost randomly. It's like one step above doing things in the pre-computer age with tons of papers—and even then a good organized person could get through things efficiently. For such a high-tech company, it feels awfully manual.

Can they not invest in a simple tracking system that tracks priority, deadlines, and time spent? I work in a 30 person company and we do that! I'm sure Elon can afford a JIRA license :)

(PS: it took on average 3 emails to [email protected] to get them to reply to a single question for me.)

Last edited:
When I ordered my wheel cap kit back in June it took a full week before I even got a confirmation email for my order, and then 4 more days for them to ship it and send me the tracking.

I just ordered a shirt for my kid on Monday and got the confirmation right after, shipping notice and tracking came that afternoon. Got the email this morning about delivery today from FedEx. Kinda did fell like Amazon this time..

This reminds me of another silly story I heard on the factory tour. There is a process in the manufacturing line where they connect the battery to the drivetrain. The process is called “marrying” the battery.

The guy in charge of the process showed us how it was done. He then proceeded to explain to us that he got the job because he was an ordained minister, so Tesla hired him because they figured he was already good at marrying things.

It’s just a really quirky company. He actually did seem to be doing a very good job there though.

LOL, this is exactly what I suspected. The way Tesla behaves is like they have no ticketing system of any kind. Orders, car delivery updates, service requests...all feel like it's handled by a single person who is looking at a huge unorganized list of requests and going through them almost randomly. It's like one step above doing things in the pre-computer age with tons of papers—and even then a good organized person could get through things efficiently. For such a high-tech company, it feels awfully manual.

Can they not invest in a simple tracking system that tracks priority, deadlines, and time spent? I work in a 30 person company and we do that! I'm sure Elon can afford a JIRA license :)

(PS: it took on average 3 emails to [email protected] to get them to reply to a single question for me.)

Tesla has infamously horrific internal IT systems.

Back in November it was reported someone had noticed and they were now working on making it suck less-
https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/06/tesla-updating-internal-focus-securing-customer-accounts-musk/#

They're clearly not there yet.