Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any videos of Spotify in use?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No such luck, but it's better than nothing, which is what any other car brand would have done after the original provider (rdio) went bust. Tesla have done a huge favour to us with spotify.
True. A lack of Spotify always surprised me so I was pleased to hear about the change. I'm sure the UI will continue to improve if its lacking in any way.

No such luck, but it's better than nothing, which is what any other car brand would have done after the original provider (rdio) went bust. Tesla have done a huge favour to us with spotify.

I believe voice control is limited to original search e.g. "Play Coldplay" and it will bring up search results for Coldplay. You still have to manually select the result you want from the touch screen.

The addition of Spotify to the car has made me happier than any other addition to date! That may sound crazy given I have had my car long enough to go from standard cruise control to adaptive cruise control to autopilot, but I stand by the claim. I've been really surprised by how much I've enjoyed listening to music in the car and the Rdio player was always this somewhat stunted annoying thing that hinted at how great streaming audio capabilities could be.

The Spotify player addresses just about all of the annoyances I had. I can find an album I like (there's only been one album so far that it didn't have), start at track 1 and listen to the end. I can skip back to a previous track. I can repeat the song I just listened to. I can grab the slider and go back 30 seconds in the song. None of these sound like amazing breakthrough features, but the Rdio player lacked them all and it ruined the experience. Just try telling a 4-year-old she can't listen to her favourite song over and over (My excuse became 'because Elon said so').

The curated stations and playlists that I've explored so far have also been really good. Rdio had a pretty good selection too and I even discovered a few bands I didn't really konw before (The Flaming Lips!), but Spotify is just better.

There are still a few bugs in the Spotify player. You often have to double press things to dismiss 'cannot play this at this time' errors, but I'm sure these will be easily addressed.

I don't even have the high end audio, but listening to music in my Model S with Spotify is now one of the highlights of my day.