Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any way to still order a RWD w/310 battery pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I read that the RWD with the LR (310 mile) battery was still available for special order. Anyone know if this is true?
We need to replace ours after 7 weeks and really don't want an AWD, but want the range.

BTW, this is an incredibly safe car.

Attachments

• 2018-11-04 10.31.22.jpg
    2018-11-04 10.31.22.jpg
    647.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 2018-11-04 10.31.27.jpg
    2018-11-04 10.31.27.jpg
    622.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 2018-11-04 10.31.30.jpg
    2018-11-04 10.31.30.jpg
    682.5 KB · Views: 77
Wow! Glad you’re ok.

I don’t know if you can still get them all you are seeking. If it’s any consolation, my only regret about my model three is that I did not get the all wheel drive. I think the small increase in price is well worth the dramatic difference in handling and the increased acceleration.

I know that Tesla can build a previous model if they want because I have a P85 rebuild that was made in March 2015, months after the P85 was discontinued. (In fact, I think I may have the last P85 Tesla ever built.)

That said, they simply may not have the bandwidth to squeeze a custom Model 3 into the production stream when they're working so intently to meet production goals.

(BTW, my previous comment to this thread was munged a bit by Siri. I actually spoke something that made better sense.)

I thought I read that the RWD with the LR (310 mile) battery was still available for special order. Anyone know if this is true?
We need to replace ours after 7 weeks and really don't want an AWD, but want the range.

BTW, this is an incredibly safe car.
Here is what I know.... There may or may not hsvr inventory LR Model 3 floating around ?? What you are most likely referring to is ordering the LR RWD off menu. This was available from 10/18ish to roughly 10/25ish You had to order a mid range and ask customer service to switch batteries and alter the configuration to LR. This period in time is the first opportunity to get a LR RWD with WHITE interiors so you may see nearly 50/50 split between colors. I would go out on a complete guess and state that it is likely Tesla will run a few extras of all these configurations. If they need 163 more cars for a full batch, they would likely build those on spec and ship the out around the country for fast pickup. They could also start their lease program with these special vehicles. They are in high demand. No problem reselling a LR RWD for break even after a few weeks of driving. The range beats the MS 100 in real world conditions.