Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody driving 100 miles plus a day??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
46k miles in 14 months ownership. I drive around 210 miles daily. No significant issues. All issues were minor (mostly squeaks and rattles) that the service center has fixed. I am still driving on the original OEM 19" goodyear's.

Took this pic 3 days ago. Looking pretty sweet for having 46k miles on it :)

DSC_0747.jpg

I'm not at 1000, but probably around 500/week.
Tires (Goodyears) are holding up great, I don't think I'm near half way through them at over 16K.
Brakes pads, they'll probably rust apart before they wear out. If you use standard regen, as long as you can generally avoid "panic" (or aggressive) stops, you'll hardly use the brakes. 2-3 years? Hah! Try 7-10 years.
Considering a 60 though, probably not the best idea if your average is 120 miles/day. If that's your average, you can bet there will be the occasional 200+ days, and the 85 will make those days very comfortable.

I do 125 or so miles a day in my Model S. I have never had an issue with range, though looking back I probably should have gotten the dual chargers and HPWC, as in winter I didn't always have my 80% charged range if I worked late. So, on those times I left work after 8pm I would supercharge for a few minutes on the way home.

Otherwise, it is easy to do and the car holds up great.

How can you put 22K on a car in a year?, where do you drive to?
It's not hard. I have almost 23K on my 85S since March, 2013. 2.5 trips between Texas and Nebraska plus a lot of local driving and commuting. Most Model S owners put more miles on their Model S than they did on their previous car. Not only is it fun to drive, but driving is just more fun when it doesn't cost $80 just to get where you're going.

Gorgeous, and I think you have the most miles on a model S that I have seen!! and original OEM tires, thats reassuring! What kind of drop in range have you seen from day 1??

46k miles in 14 months ownership. I drive around 210 miles daily. No significant issues. All issues were minor (mostly squeaks and rattles) that the service center has fixed. I am still driving on the original OEM 19" goodyear's.

Took this pic 3 days ago. Looking pretty sweet for having 46k miles on it :)

View attachment 48270

there are some over 75k miles. I met a man in April 2013 that was putting 260 miles on his per day (4k/month) since January and was already at 16k miles.

I was driving an LS before the S. drives like junk comparatively. I was averaging 10k miles per year w/out any huge road trips in my last car but put more like 18k on the S in the first year.
there is a thread about the 60 vs 85 and if 85 owners would have got a 60 (or would it work for them)
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25100-S85-Owners-Do-you-wish-you-had-bought-S60-instead

My co worker that wanted to wait for an X or get a volt in the meantime saw my S for almost a year before he finally got a loner S and his comment was ' should have done it a long time ago!" and he wishes he got the P. (he is a pretty reasonable driver so not sure that he'd really need it, just kills my tires...but fun)

I drive round trip from Milwaukee to Chicago almost every day. 180miles. Its no problem in my P85. There were times in the very cold winter that the car wouldn't make it so I took my Jetta TDI on those days. But that was only when it was below 20 and snowy. Now that the supercharger is on my route I'll plan to take the car every day no matter what.

For 4 months I drove 170-200 miles a day. Saved $400 a month versus my other car. The Model S is a great long distance commute vehicle. I've currently clocked in over 30,000 miles and loving every minute of it. I'm seeing similar range numbers to yobigd20.
I've replaced 2 tires.

It's not hard. I have almost 23K on my 85S since March, 2013. 2.5 trips between Texas and Nebraska plus a lot of local driving and commuting. Most Model S owners put more miles on their Model S than they did on their previous car. Not only is it fun to drive, but driving is just more fun when it doesn't cost $80 just to get where you're going.

I get that and love driving my S as well, but $80 to get where you are going wont cover the less in value due to high mileage (but that's a whole other topic).

I drive about 20,000 miles annually, and my commute is about 90 miles round trip. Throw in some side trips, going out for lunch etc. and I often do 100 miles a day. I do a bit of driving for work as well and have gone as much as 200 miles in one day without charging, although that was during the summer months. No issues at all, even during the wild winter we just had.

Used to drive a Lexus LS430 (actually still have it in the garage!). Almost 25K miles. Got the car in Jan 2013. Drive about 105 miles per day to work (round trip) in NYC. Because of the instant response, really easy to drive in the city :) Still on the original set of tires - think I need to change them at the 25K service.

Got my car in mid December - just passed 11K in miles - only spent $378 in electricity (not really, but that is what NOVEC here in Virginia would have charged if I didn't have solar panels)

Tires are holding up, brakes are in excellent shape, minor stuff fixed at service call this week. (brake light gasket, fault code on inverter/drive train, titanium armor added). I moved from a Hyundai Genesis V8 with Tech package - the Tesla is a beast of a car - does great in snow, rain and can knock the socks of any euro/asian/domestic sports sedan and most exotic sports cars.

Get either the S or the P and you will be pleased.

I love my 60, but sounds like the 85 would best suit your needs. Most of my daily driving is between 40 and 60 miles. If I drove more than 100 miles per day on average I would have definitely chosen the 85.

I just got my 60 about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I drive 120 miles a day, 5 days a week. So far I enjoy, love the slacker radio and the torque it has. The only option I wish added was the panoramic roof. I chose the 19s b/c of my drive but the 21s do look good.