Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone 3D Print a Cupholder?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some ideas for UMC holders for the garage and it strikes me that someone with a 3D printer could design and print a Cupholder to straddle the walls on the center front floor storage/yacht floor. Alas, I don't have a printer or the brain cells to figure one out. So, any of you tech savvy people tried this? Or found a Cupholder alternative that is simpler and far less expensive than the Tesla or EVAnnex CCI?

I'm on my way with this - got 3d printer, I'm graphic designer etc but because I'm not a Tesla owner it makes it longer then I though...
for sure it gonna be much less expensive then Evannex or Tesla CCI when I finish it..
map724 if You'd like to cooperate with it with me write me a pm we can discuss it ;) I'm open for this because I want to have it done asap.

A friend of mine just bought one of these: The Creation Station CNC Router | Shaping the Future! -- it looks really awesome. If anyone wants to come up with a software file that this thing will build, I'm sure he'd let me use it to do a prototype ;-)

I did some 3D design many many years ago, if I can find the time and motiviation I'm thinking of designing my own center console to hold things like the 1772 adapter and all the other stuff that I barely-sorta have organized at the moment... ;-)

I just met a friend who has a 3-D printer. The question gameplay is, what material would you use that would survive the rigors and the elements involved in being in a warm car. He told me he made a few things out of a 3-D printer and left them in his hot car only to find them shrink or change in shape. Are there different materials you can use in these printers?

Great to see people are considering this. While I prefer not to fund a project (this is a Tesla forum, not Kickstarter), I will be more than happy to overpay for a quality solution. Look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Great to see people are considering this. While I prefer not to fund a project (this is a Tesla forum, not Kickstarter), I will be more than happy to overpay for a quality solution. Look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

Here, here. Me too.

I spoke w/ a buddy over the weekend who has a pretty kickass 3D printer. He said if someone can make the "drawing" he would be happy to print it out.