Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought the track package for a daily driver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use to daily the stock set up for a while until i caught a nail in the tire. They werent too bad when I used them in the summer but they definitely kick up a ton of rocks. Im on michelin PS4S in the same size now with over 8k miles since first getting the track pack. Only thing i dislike is Tesla still hasnt put an option for the 20 inch wheels so the speedometer is still off.
What about noise? I think I couldn't find ps4s in that size with acoustic foam.

I'm nervous about aftermarket wheel manufacturers talking about how light their wheels are. How can we know they are strong enough? Although Tesla doesn't have a great reputation for engineering things to be strong enough, like suspension parts.

You can definitely count on a reputable company like Rays or BBS. Other manufacturers you’ll have to make a judgment call. I would generally trust a lesser known forged wheel over a cast wheel in most cases.

Often times, a quality set of aftermarket wheels will far exceed in quality and weight savings compared to OEM. Like @terranx mentioned, make sure you buy quality from a reputable brand and dealer.

-Danny

I'm gonna order a Model S Plaid in a couple months and I am very likely to at least get the 20" Zero G wheels but was wondering if I should get the track package. Does anyone know if the Track Packaging carbon ceramic brakes are noise, rougher, or in any way have a trade off vs. the standard Plaid brakes (for a 2024 model)? I'm not planning to track the car but I do value good daily driving comfort but I also value good braking power.

I'm gonna order a Model S Plaid in a couple months and I am very likely to at least get the 20" Zero G wheels but was wondering if I should get the track package. Does anyone know if the Track Packaging carbon ceramic brakes are noise, rougher, or in any way have a trade off vs. the standard Plaid brakes (for a 2024 model)? I'm not planning to track the car but I do value good daily driving comfort but I also value good braking power.
The stock brakes are pretty powerful. It's just that they overheat after repeated hard stops from 100+ mph. I don't think there's much reason to buy them for the streets, although I'm still considering it. 😅

The Plaid stock brakes don’t have the initial “bite” when I hit the brake pedal that I am used to from my previous performance cars at higher speeds. I’ve heard that the track pack brakes address this, on top of the obvious better cooling. Is this something that one of you guys that have been daily driving on the track pack brakes can verify?

Last edited:
I did the bed in procedures on my track pack brakes when i first got them but i have no noise after 8k miles with them on. The brake pedal will definitly be alot firmer than stock though.

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I have a had a horrible driving experience with the Tesla Track pack on my plaid. The car jumps all over the road and is very unstable. So much so that last week I had it towed into service. When I had my stock wheels and tires the car drove perfectly. Tesla service is now saying they are only going to replace the tires for free under warranty. Has anyone else has this experience while driving their tesla with track pack. My belief is the service center doesn’t want to own they installed it incorrectly etc. any feedback from others on lack of stability while driving on the track pack?

Reactions: S3pirion
I have a had a horrible driving experience with the Tesla Track pack on my plaid. The car jumps all over the road and is very unstable. So much so that last week I had it towed into service. When I had my stock wheels and tires the car drove perfectly. Tesla service is now saying they are only going to replace the tires for free under warranty. Has anyone else has this experience while driving their tesla with track pack. My belief is the service center doesn’t want to own they installed it incorrectly etc. any feedback from others on lack of stability while driving on the track pack?
Absolutely not. Stable as can be all the way to very high speeds.

Sounds like they didn't align the car after installing it.

Did this get resolved?

Can someone let me know what to look for on a car with the track package? I just saw one listed that supposedly has the track pack. I can see the wheels and what looks like bigger brakes. Yup, can see the carbon ceramic rotors. I assume it should also say something on the "additional vehicle information" screen under software about the brakes?

I just saw a '23 with the track pack pop up for sale for $87k. I was going to go new, but that's pretty compelling. Looks like it was auctioned through Carmax, but I can't see the price.

Post a link so we can see pics of brakes to verify they are actual track package brakes and not an aftermarket package. Also in the additional vehicle information page you should see brake package labeled as carbon ceramic. If they show you a pic of the screen in track mode, you'll see "200 MPH"

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
Post a link so we can see pics of brakes to verify they are actual track package brakes and not an aftermarket package. Also in the additional vehicle information page you should see brake package labeled as carbon ceramic. If they show you a pic of the screen in track mode, you'll see "200 MPH"
This is all they've got posted so far. I've asked for more: