Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Buy Modern Spare Tire Kit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have one and have not mounted it yet on my Performance. It is supposed to clear the calipers. I have put off trying it on for long enough. I'll try it tomorrow and get back to y'all. FYI I installed aftermarket forged 18" wheels and Michelin MXMV tires. Very impressed with range improvement.

It is also rated for 80 MPH so no limping. And it is on an AL wheel for lightness. I carry a compressor and plugging kit.
I can use a 12V Lithium jump starter to power the compressor which is pretty handy because you can carry it anywhere.

Reactions: Jefla
Earlier Post photo did not attach.

Attachments

• 00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190622062340430.jpg
    00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190622062340430.jpg
    838.9 KB · Views: 928
  • Informative
Reactions: house9
Normally fine without having a spare, but I'm doing a trip into a more remote area where I'd like to have one.
Saw the Modern Spare kit:
2017-2019 Tesla Model 3 Complete Kit - Modern Spare
Anyone have this?
I'm also probably going to get a patch kit (already have the Tesla repair kit), anyone have a suggestion for one?
I get the Model 3 spare from Bimmer Zone,
I like better the design with only 5 holes and there is a centering ring to perfectly center the wheel.
I had already all the jacks, lug wrench, and torque wrench.
BIM-SST-TESLA-3-KIT-02.jpg

Test fitted it last week and the kit works well. Comes with everything you need, sockets for lug nuts, jack to lift up the car, wrench to remove the 10mm bolt, new lug nuts for the spare tire, etc. Check it out - Peter Huang on Instagram: “Got a spare for long road trips. Never know when something like a blowout or cut to the sidewall happens. Have roadside assistance, but it…”

Also, I was able to mount it right under the speaker shelf using two tie-down ratchet straps - Peter Huang on Instagram: “Test fit the sparetire today. Still room left for storage. Nice way to finish off the day with the moon in the background.…”

Test fitted it last week and the kit works well. Comes with everything you need, sockets for lug nuts, jack to lift up the car, wrench to remove the 10mm bolt, new lug nuts for the spare tire, etc. Check it out -
Peter Huang on Instagram: “Got a spare for long road trips. Never know when something like a blowout or cut to the sidewall happens. Have roadside assistance, but it…”

I would recommend getting a torque wrench.
Tesla recommend setting each lug to 129 ft-lbf or 175 N-m.

Could you explain where did you attached the straps to the shelf?

- Shelf view from the trunk door:​

Model 3 - Trunk view.jpg

- Shelf view from the rear seat:​

Model 3 - Rear Seat View.jpg

- Shelf view from the trunk door - Left Side:
Model 3 - Trunk view - Left Side .jpg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TonyJag
I wonder if you use any existing holes to attach the straps?

I don't remember which holes I used, but they were the smaller ones. I have a torque wrench but don't plan on bringing it with me during a road trip. The goal is to not use the spare unless I really have to, at that point, I'm not too concerned about torque specs as it's a temporary means of getting me to somewhere to repair or replace the original tire.