Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else dislike the new UI?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The moved the speedometer closer to the driver, making it easier to see at a glance. If this size of font is unreadable, how are people able to read analog speedometers?
To be fair, in an analog speedometer you aren't really looking at the numbers to determine the speed, but rather at the position of the needle. You only need to remember the position of the main numbers and the relative position of the needle would be able to tell you what speed you are at.

I see a lot of you complaining about the look of the UI, and I have mixed feelings about that as well, but I haven't seen any complaints about stability. I've had to reboot it FOUR times in under a week (usually it is once or twice a month or even less). Once it froze entirely and the other times it started randomly opening things, selecting new audio and selecting new map destinations. Anyone else having similar stability issues?

My M3 too has to be rebooted several times since the update

• Informative
Reactions: TangoDiva
New One thing is sure ; Tesla will do nothing at all if you just post here. :( Be sure to make your point at your dealership as well.

How to do notify them? I emailed the feedback to my Tesla sales advisor. He said to send it to [email protected] which bounced like everyone else's experience. Then he suggested this form which has topic choices only for ordering a powerwall/solar roof or becoming an energy installer. I used it anyway, asking them to forward the request, but haven't heard back in 3 days.

Well on my side,
- I opened a completely useless support ticket in the app ( which was closed ) but I'm sure it's saved somewhere
- I've emailed my 2 local dealearships (do'nt tell me you don't have people's emails or service cenetr emails ?)

I could easily email the head of benelux (thanks linkedin) in my area - it must be easy in your part of the wrold to find out who's the head of sales in your area (linkedin again) and email him/her.

I share the same concerns as many others on this thread. But one issue that I’ve not seen discussed is how the new smaller backup view is further compromised by the Homelink drop down menu. It now blocks the top 20% of my backup view image, making it more difficult for me to see children playing in our cul de sac as I back up. This really needs to get fixed. See pic below for example.

29E6ECA3-F26B-49D8-AC31-05D3C4AC6B66.jpeg

My way of communicating with Tesla is to make a service appt thru the app. So, i made an appt to uninstall this release. Then, i got a text reply saying they cant do that and they are cancelling the appt. But, at least someone at Tesla knows i am not happy with this release!

As someone who has been driving nothing but Teslas since early 2012 I want to say that this unfortunate GUI “update” is the first update that I regret receiving. The big, beautiful maps, already diminished in size from the S now are needlessly tiny while valuable real estate is given over to huge and unnecessary avatars and blank space.
Believe it or not: THAT big, beautiful, sensual color navigation map was one of the features that attracted me to the Model 3 when I first test drove one in 2018, and finally plunged down the dough for a 2021 M3P. No one but Tesla dared to go that far in marrying sensuality with functionality. The recently updated smaller map lost that grandeur and now competes with the more recent "map followers".

Here is a suggestion for a future update: make the map width horizontally swipable/user adjustable, at least to the width it used to be. Nothing lost that way, and everyone will be happy setting their individual aspect between left/permanent and right/map displays.

Last edited:
i requested service to revert the software. They told me it couldn’t happen (tech is coming out for other things, we will see). I told them the UI was a safety hazard as it’s hard to see speed and gear indicator and I hoped no one had a crash and sued them over it.

FWIW, I spoke to the very polite service tech today about this. He said he could not re-load old software. He said that the remote software techs could, but the only time he had seen that happen was when new software was causing a real issue, like the car wouldn't drive, major systems issues, etc. I told him that I thought the UI had some major issues and pointed them out and he seemed to agree. I asked him to pass them on.

Best we can do I guess.

Believe it or not: THAT big, beautiful, sensual color navigation map was one of the features that attracted me to the Model 3 when I first test drove one in 2018, and finally plunged down the dough for a 2021 M3P. No one but Tesla dared to go that far in marrying sensuality with functionality. The recently updated smaller map lost that grandeur and now competes with the more recent "map followers".

Here is a suggestion for a future update: make the map width horizontally swipable/user adjustable, at least to the width it used to be. Nothing lost that way, and everyone will be happy setting their individual aspect between left/permanent and right/map displays.

Elon has been quoted as saying this is coming.