Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have map issues this evening?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
At around 8 p.m. EST this evening, it seemed like Google was not updating on the Nav. Any cached tiles were loaded, but traffic disappeared and any time I tried to load the sat imagery it would not load. All the while, Slacker was still loading new songs, so data did not seem to be the issue. I even tried tethering to my iPhone and when I got home I got on WiFi and had the same problem. Even tried reloading the main screen and nothing. Anyone else have the same problem this evening?

I also had an issue -- right about 5:30 mountain (7:30 Eastern)...

Map was all blank. Toggling to sat view showed the sat tiles, but toggling back to maps was just the base grid. Turning traffic on and off did nothing. Zooming out and back in forced a reload of the map tiles, but traffic was still out. I parked for a couple min and everything was normal when I got back.

I did not do a reboot...

Last edited:
I wonder if it just happened to clear up while your reboot was happening and wasn't actually fixed by the reboot itself. The reboot didn't fix mine earlier. I haven't gone back to check if it's working now, but I suspect it probably is.

Yep, had the issue around the same time (5:30pm PHX time). Rebooted a couple times. Didn't make a difference. It cleared itself up about 30 min later.

My car was in for service today and I got flashed to the .25 variant of 5.8. And it happened about 10 min after I got my car. So I thought it was new firmware related. Guess it wasn't!