Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else just get invited to EAP?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long to you think it will take for FSD to be out of beta? I think for true full self driving we are talking 10-15 years which is beyond the lifetime of your car most likely.... so if you aren’t going to use till it’s out of beta why buy fsd at all?
The software they are beta testing today, I presume will be available to everyone in a few months. We would not be testing software that is 10-15 years away from public release.

I thought we were talking about all of the stuff already released and tagged as "BETA" in the UI.... No? If not, when will the released BETA functionality lose the BETA tag?! :confused:

I think we should ignore the beta tag.

AP as it exist now is a Level 2 semiautonomous system so it's just a drivers aid. This gets constantly tweaked/changed as Tesla messes with things. So it never really has a chance to leave beta.

It does have to leave beta as soon as it's level 3 system or above as that's when the liability for an accident switches from the driver to the car (when in that mode).

So to answer your question the Level 3 or above stuff likely won't have beta tags.

Reactions: lukex4 and Janus
I’m so into Tesla it’s a joke. Just flew front Seattle to San Francisco today and ended up on the tour at the Tesla Fremont factory this afternoon.

Wow.

But do I get an invite to the EAP? Nope!

*cries*

*realizes his argument makes no sense, but still continues crying*

I am referring to the Smart Summon beta software which, based on recent videos, looks like it could cause disruption in public parking lots (due to a driverless vehicle not driving in normal lanes) or maybe even worse.

If somebody gets hurt or some damage occurs, I highly doubt Tesla will cover that. Whereas when an automotive OEM contracts out to companies to do real world fleet testing, usually there is insurance on a business level.

You're assuming significant risk by using something like that.

The resent video was not Version 10.