Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Else Ordered Lr?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rang Tesla again this afternoon - they claimed no cars of my spec have arrived in the country yet, and will be another 'couple of weeks' before they do - then they will call with delivery date... Still seem to be claiming we will get more in July.

Thanks for the update. I was told mid-July a couple of weeks back. Still holding on to that hope. Your spec, reservation and order date combo is almost the same as mine. I'm following you with interest!

Day 1 reservation holder (in store before online orders opened) - I have ordered a LR with FSD, but still heard nothing from Telsa.
Has anyone else ordered a LR? Any of you heard anything?

I'm just wondering whether they have actually produced / shipped any yet... (as they are now focusing on SR & P models)
Have not seen one, but I spoke to Tesla this week and no indication the LR AWD specification was a problem, albeit you cannot order than for UK now.

Reactions: Roy W.
Orders only, no delivery details etc etc

Collective opinion is that some order Nos have been "used up" by cancel/re-order different options, so the max order No won't be the same as total-orders ... but I don't imagine that there was time/opportunity for cancel/re-order to happen ON Day One :) ... so 01-May orders looks like around 1,650

Picture of the graph from @-DB- link as it stands today

M3Orders.jpg

Just off the phone to a delightful young lady at Tesla about our delivery. I was told when I last rang (about three weeks ago) that our car would probably be delivered in the middle of July, despite when we ordered the car the estimated delivery date was set as June.
Rang for an update as we've heard nothing. She told me that more cars are expected towards the end of the month but ours might not be there and we could have a delivery date of late August or even September if it isn't on there! She couldn't tell me how many cars were coming over, specifications of the cars, nor when they were expected, and she didn't have any further information.
I am saddened by the fact that Tesla don't seem to be able to keep their customers informed routinely and I think four months from ordering to delivery seems rather excessive but unless we cancel the order, we have no option but to wait.

Reactions: RjbT3
I am saddened by the fact that Tesla don't seem to be able to keep their customers informed routinely

Tesla have stopped making-to-order and instead make-for-stock and then allocate-stock-to-customer and as such have no delivery date to give you - yet.

If you ordered promptly on 01-May, and have not ordered a very popular combination, if you are either a reservation holder or an existing owner, and possibly if you have chosen Heathrow for collection, then I would optimistically hope "sooner". If those things don't apply then sadly I reckon "later"

I realise that's no help, and I understand that you (and pretty much everyone else) wishes that you could have a realistic delivery date, but this is how Tesla do it. Everyone here (to best of my knowledge ...) wishes it were different / better / improved ... but that hasn't happened yet :(

That remains to be seen. I am on the lookout for someone with the same spec as me, not found anyone yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reservation date counts less than the order date or other factors, for example. I heard that this was the case on the continent?

No 19" for me (sadly) so perhaps this could be a plus on delivery, however, sounds like that could be trumped by my choice of interior. :rolleyes:
That remains to be seen. I am on the lookout for someone with the same spec as me, not found anyone yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the reservation date counts less than the order date or other factors, for example. I heard that this was the case on the continent?

No 19" for me (sadly) so perhaps this could be a plus on delivery, however, sounds like that could be trumped by my choice of interior. :rolleyes:
AWD LR blue 19" FSD White interior heard nothing reserved 07/2017 ordered 01/05 thinking towards 69 plate now anyway

AWD LR blue 19" FSD White interior heard nothing reserved 07/2017 ordered 01/05 thinking towards 69 plate now anyway

Similar to me. I will follow with interest.

I've been told to expect early August now. I politely asked why the estimated delivery date keeps being pushed back, particularly for early reservation holders and early order holders alike. She simply said that they cannot deliver a car they don't have. I asked if there were ANY cars available and that I would take whatever they had available in July. She said there were no more arriving in July but added "as far as we are aware" after a pause. Then, unprompted went on to say that she doesn't have visibility of the cars loading/in transit as it is handled by another department. She said they just gather information to see which customers are ready to have a vehicle allocated and to help prepare customers to be ready. These orders are then passed onto a different team to allocate cars to. We then went on to discuss PCP/HP/Trade-in/Delivery location and the removal of the 19" sport wheel option etc. As we ticked off each of my queries one-by-one I made it clear each time that an earlier delivery is always my preference EG. I offered Heathrow, Bristol and Birmingham as alternatives. She faithfully promised that none of my queries, requests or decisions on each would in any way affect my delivery date and offered to make any changes I requested. I was impressed that I didn't have to refer to my list of outstanding queries, she had them all in front of her from the few emails I had sent. I thought that was pretty impressive as I had used three different Tesla email addresses and each email covered separate issues. She had resolutions prepared for all of them. Other than that I don't trust a work Tesla say about estimated delivery dates, they seem to be handling that their own way.

No VIN, no final invoice.

was impressed that I didn't have to refer to my list of outstanding queries, she had them all in front of her from the few emails I had sent. I thought that was pretty impressive as I had used three different Tesla email addresses and each email covered separate issues.

I agree. And must be an absolute nightmare for them and chew up support time (I too use different FROM addresses e.g. home/work) ... allocating emails to accounts; I quote VIN and My Tesla Email address etc. on all Email correspondence to try to guarantee that my email gets linked to my account, but even then I have had a reply saying "Can't find your account" ... someone had put yet-another-email-address of mine in some system somewhere (couldn't find my account by VIN, seriously? <sigh>). When at a service centre I asked the receptionist to check for my "wrong email address". She said "We have an integrated system and the only email address we use is the one in My Tesla" followed shortly by "That's odd, I've found another one HERE" which she fixed, but of course I have no idea if it then reverted later ... you couldn't make this stuff up!

If they had a "Message" box on My Tesla that would immediately be tied to account - would save them loads of aggro ...

... what am i doing wasting my time typing this, it aint going to happen until it happens.

EDIT: Actually, now I remember it, they DID use to have that facility on My Tesla ... its gone away though :(

I recommend putting VIN in Subject and Email address of My Tesla (if different to the account you are sending from) in body.

I politely asked

Were they calling you to do details check and ask when you are available for delivery? That would be a good sign I reckon. If you were calling them then that will have improved the data quality their end, but not get you closer to delivery date :(

I don't trust a word Tesla say about estimated delivery dates, they seem to be handling that their own way.

As best as I understand it (from Q1 and Q2 Announcements) Tesla assign VIN to Order very close to delivery (in my case 4 or 5 days ... which would be way too short for many people to get everything in order ... hopefully that was just the End June Q2 push and more reasonable notice will be given now that is behind them).

I have an order for a LR AWD in white with 19" wheels, reserved 04/19 ordered 01/05/19, completed all the requested paperwork and then heard nothing. I emailed a sales advisor I had dealt with prior to my reservation and soon after received a call from Tesla in Norway!
They wanted to check on my finance (loan from Energy Savings Trust), which was all fine and was advised that delivery was likely to be the second half of August or early September.
Going by all the threads about boats and how many orders are still outstanding, this seems like a more reasonable timeline for delivery.
I'm worried that adding the 19" wheels is slowing things down, but they look so good :cool:
So just waiting impatiently for that Final Invoice to pop up in my account. :D

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I have an order for a LR AWD in white with 19" wheels, reserved 04/19 ordered 01/05/19, completed all the requested paperwork and then heard nothing. I emailed a sales advisor I had dealt with prior to my reservation and soon after received a call from Tesla in Norway!
They wanted to check on my finance (loan from Energy Savings Trust), which was all fine and was advised that delivery was likely to be the second half of August or early September.
Going by all the threads about boats and how many orders are still outstanding, this seems like a more reasonable timeline for delivery.
I'm worried that adding the 19" wheels is slowing things down, but they look so good :cool:
So just waiting impatiently for that Final Invoice to pop up in my account. :D
Yes, I am very similar and got that call a week ago, to check on funding (EST + cash) and insurance (I have a quote from my current insurer for the rest of my insurance year). They did not guess dates or boats but did indicate that they were happy to complete one/two weeks after VIN/final invoice (I told them the EST loan might take that long to come through after final invoice). I had been worried that I would be expected to pay within a couple of days of Invoice or lose my place, but No.

Reactions: MorayEVGuy